[JPL] Dobbin's Den # 667 - Mar. 2, 2008

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 28 16:48:48 EST 2008

DOBBIN'S DEN
BACKGROUND TO EDITION 667

Today we have music by Dorothy Fields and her son David Lahm + material by Woody Herman, Dave Brubeck and Paul Bley from this day in history.

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [and archived at that address]
Montreal, Québec, Canada.
March 2, 2008

DAVE McMURDO

FIRE & SONG [SACKVILLE]

*Red Pepper Rose (dedicated to Pepper Adams and Len Dobbin]

WOODY HERMAN   from March 2, 1948

THE ROAD BAND 1948 [HEP]

The Good Earth

P.S. I Love You

Lullaby in Rhythm

PAUL BLEY             from March 2, 1993

HANDS ON [EVIDENCE]

*Cowhand

DAVE BRUBECK    from March 2, 1953

JAZZ AT OBERLIN [FANTASY]

The Way You Look Tonight  (Dorothy Fields)

GEORGE RUSSELL

STRATUSPHUNK [RIVERSIDE]

Lambskins (David Lahm)

SHEILA JORDAN

OLD TIME FEELING [MUSE]

Whose Little Angry Man Are You? (for Noah)

STAN GETZ             1964 Grammy Winner

GETZ-GILBERTO [VERVE]

*Corcovado (lyrics by Gene Lees)

HERBIE HANCOCK    2008 Grammy Winner

THE RIVER [VERVE]

Solitude

CHRIS ANDERSON   Herbie Hancock's teacher

LOVE LOCKED OUT [MAPLESHADE]

So Blue

LENORE RAPHAEL

INVITATION [SWINGIN' FOX]

Blues for O.P.

OSCAR PETERSON

AT NEWPORT [VERVE]

*A Gal In Calico

DUKE ELLINGTON

NEWPORT 1958 [MOSAIC]

Just Scratchin' The Surface

LIBBY YORK

HERE WITH YOU [LIBBY YORK MUSIC]

Azure-Te

BILLIE HOLIDAY

AT MONTERRY / 1958

What A Little Moonlight Can Do

RON KAPLAN

NEW YORK [KAPLAND RECORDS]

Jumpin' with Symphony Sid

STEPHANIE LALIBERTE

STEPHANIE LALIBERTE [ELEPHANT]

*The Way You Look Tonight (Dorothy Fields)

NANCY HARROW

YOU NEVER KNOW [JAPANESE ATLANTIC]

No One Knows (vocal version 2 Degrees East / 3 Degrees West by John Lewis)

REBECCA KILGORE - DAVE FRISHBERG

THE STARLIT HOUR [ARBORS]

You Smell So Good  (Tommy Wolf)

AUDRA McDONALD

HOW GLORY GOES [NONESUCH]

Somewhere

CANADIAN CONTENT: 5 of 21

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC - J4V 1V1 - CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)