[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid 2/28

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 00:54:27 EST 2008

Thursday, Feb 28, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

	8:00pm

8:07pm
Jimmy Scott: When Did You Leave Heaven?, Little Jimmy Scott (Savoy 1145)

8:11pm
Gloria Lynne: Without A Song, Miss Gloria Lynne (Evidence 22009)

8:16pm
Lester Bowie: Smooth Operator, Serious Fun (DIW 834)

8:22pm
Kenny Burrell: Love Dance, Sunup To Sundown (Comtemporary 14065)

8:31pm
Larry Willis: Alter Ego, The Offering (HighNote 7178)

8:38pm
David Fathead Newman: My Full House, Diamondhead (HighNote 7179)

8:44pm
Ted Kooshian: Black Dog, Ted Kooshian's Standard Orbit Quartet (Summit 495)

8:50pm
Horace Silver: Senor Blues, Live At Newport '58 (Blue Note 98070)

9:02pm
Bruce Gertz: Bell Ringers, Reptilian Fantasies (Open Mind Jazz 002)

Live interview with Donal Fox

9:08pm
Donal Fox: Peace, Live At Scullers Vol 2 (Leonellis)

9:25pm
Donal Fox: Libertango, Live At Scullers Vol 2 (Leonellis)

9:39pm
Donal Fox: Mr Syms, Live At Scullers Vol 2 (Leonellis)

9:58pm
Donal Fox: Aria/Scarlatti Jazz Suite, Live At Scullers Vol 2 (Leonellis)

10:20pm
Art Blakey: Mosaic, Mosaic (Blue Note 37769)

10:28pm
Marty Sheller: The Route 40 Flyer, Why Deny (PVR 1001)

10:37pm
Diane Schuur & The Count Basie Orchestra: Deedles Blues, Diane Schuur &
The Count Basie Orchestra (GRP 9550)

10:43pm
Gary Burton: Dance Of The Octopus, For Hamp, Red, Bags, and Cal (Concord
4941)

10:47pm
Ed Saindon & Dave Liebman: Green Dolphin Street, Depth Of Emotion (World
Improvised Music 1005)

10:54pm
Roberta Piket: I'm My Everything, Love And Beauty (Thirteenth Note 002)

11:05pm
Jessica Williams: Billy's Theme No. 2, Billy's Theme (Origin 82461)

11:15pm
Jessica Williams: A Night In Tunisia, Higher Standards (Candid 79736)

11:23pm
Ricky Ford: Speak Now, Hot Brass (Candid 79518)

11:33pm
Tommy Flanagan: Born To Be Blue, Moodsville (Prestige/Moodsville 182)

11:37pm
Archie Shepp: Damn If I Know (The Stroller), The Way Ahead (Impulse 272)

11:43pm
Elvin Jones: A Lullaby Of Itsugo Village, Regattabar The Sound Of jazz
Live (Half Note 9494)

11:51pm
Pete Zimmer: Tutti Italiani, Judgement (Tippin' 1103)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston