[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday February 29 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Feb 29 21:53:09 EST 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks,

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday February 29, 2008

(Matthew Gee) The Swinger's Jump - Blues in Orbit - Duke Ellington -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 87041

(Jimmy Smith) Sister Rebecca - Open House/Plain Talk - Jimmy Smith - Blue
Note - CDP 7 84269 2

(Arlen, Koehler) I've Got the World on a String - The Best of Art Tatum:
The Complete Pablo Solo Masterpieces - Art Tatum - Pablo - PACD-2405-442-2

(Frank Loesser) Brotherhood of Man - Oscar Peterson Trio + One - Oscar
Peterson and Clark Terry - Verve - 314 558 075-2

(B. Davis, M. Ager, L. Santly) I'm Nobody's Baby - Melody in Swing -
Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19191

(Jimmy Heath) Trane Connections - Little Man Big Band - Jimmy Heath -
Verve - 314 513 956-2

(Horace Silver) Finger Poppin' - Finger Poppin' - Horace Silver - Blue
Note - 7243 5 42304 2 4

(Joe Henderson) Recordame - Trio Nuevo+ - Dave Askren - DaWay Music - DW
0020

(Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer) Charade - Holly Cole - Koch records -
KOC-CD-4404

(Bill Evans) Turn out the Stars - Turn out the Stars - Bill Evans -
Dreyfus Jazz - FDM 3653-2

8:01 NPR News

(Matt Haviland) Beyond Good and Evil - Beyond Good and Evil - Matt
Haviland - Connotation - CR 1001

(Mongo Santamaria) Afro-Blue - Latin Jazz: La Combinacion Perfecta -
Smithsonian Folkways - SFW CD - 40802

(Herbie Hancock) Riot - Canvas - Robert Glasper - Blu Note - 7243 4 77130
2 6

(Chico Pinheiro) Tempestade - San Francsico - Fleurine - Sunnyside - SSC
1182

(Miles Davis) So What - Kind of Blue - Miles Davis - Columbia/Legacy - CK
64935

(Stephen Sondheim) Losing My Mind - On My Own - Jack Sheldon - Concord -
CCD-4529

(Bud Powell) Parisian Throughfare - The Amazing Bud Powell Volume 2 - Bud
Powell - Blue Note - CDP 7 81504 2

(Charlie Parker) Ko Ko / (Raye, DePaul) Star Eyes - Yardbird Suite: The
Ultimate Charlie Parker Collection - Charlie Parker - Rhino R2 72260

(Gregg August) In Dedication - One Peace - Gregg August Sextet - IACUESSA
Records - 2944

9:01 NPR News

(Ray Gilbert, Kid Ory) Muskrat Ramble / (Willard Robison) Old Folks /
(Andy Razaf and Eubie Blake) You're Lucky to Me - The Definitive Eddie
Condon and His Jazz concert All Stars - Eddie Condon featuring Lee Wiley -
Stash - ST-CD 530

(Bill Crow) Blueport - What Is There to Say? - Gerry Mulligan -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 52978

(Joe Henderson) If - Gratitude - Hadley Caliman - Origin Records - 82499

Dream a Little Dream of Me - Moonglow - Bucky Pizarelli & Frank Vignola -
Hyena Records - TMF 9339

(Brian Lynch) Clairevoyance - The Phil Woods Quintet Mile High Jazz Live
in Denver - Concord - CCD-4739

(Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne) The Things We Did Last Summer - Here with You -
Libby York - www.libbyyork.com

(Joe Puma) Pow-Wow - Howard Alden and Ken Peplowski's Pow-Wow - Arbors
Records - ARCD 19340