[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Wed October 1, 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Oct 1 21:57:34 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday October 1, 2008

(Don Redman, Ray Gilbert) Cherry – Further Definitions – Benny carter –
Impulse – IMPD-229

(Vinnie Burke) Unison Blues – Eddie Costa Trio: Complete Recordings – Lone
Hill Jazz – LHJ – 10201

(Ramirez, Davis, Sherman) Loverman / (Gillespie, Clarke) Salt Peanuts –
The Birth of Bebop Volume 2 – Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie  Charly –
CPCD-8194-2

(Monk) Bemsha Swing – Brilliant Corners – Thelonious Monk with Clark Terry
– Riverside – OJCCD-4026-2

(Lucky Thompson) Midnite Oil – Lucky Strikes – Lucky Thompson – Prestige –
OJCCD-194-2

(Kern, Hammerstein) Don’t Ever Leave Me – Keith Jarrett at the Blue Note
Disc 5: : Sunday June 5th, 1994 1st Set – ECM 1579 78118-21575-2

(Dave Holland) Pass It on – Pass It on – Dave Holland Sextet – Dare 2
Records – B0011860-02

(Wayne Shorter) E.S.P. – E.S.P. – Miles Davis – Columbia/Legacy – CK 65683

8:01 NPR News

(Steve Slagle) Skee – The Scene – Stryker/Slagle Band – Zoho – ZM 200810

(Cole Porter) C’est Magnifique – The Cole Porter Mix – Patricia Barber,
melodica / Neal Alger, guitar / Chris Potter, tenor sax – Blue Note –
50999 5 01 468 2 6

(Tom Delaney) Jazz Me Blues – Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section –
Contemporary – OJCCD-338-2

Yes Sir, That’s My Baby – The Complete Capitol recordings of the Nat King
Cole trio Disc XIII – Mosaic – 138

(M. Jackson) Knock Me a Kiss – Uptown – Gene Krupa with Roy Eldridge –
Columbia – CK 45448

(Stephen Foster) Swanee River – Django Reinhardt – Volume 1 – JSPCD – 341

(Duke Ellington, Juan Tizol) Conga Brava – 4 Jokers in the Pack - Echoes
of Swing – EOSP-4505 2

(Ammons) Stringing the Jug – Gene Ammons All Star Sessions with Sonny
Stitt – Prestige – OJCCD-014-2

(Ellington, Strayhorn, Latouche) Day Dream – Why Can’t You Behave –
Kristin Korb – Double K Music – www.kristinkorb.com

(Horace Silver) Come on Home  – Finger Poppin’ – Horace Silver – Blue Note
– 7243 5 42304 2 4

(Ray Charles) That’s Enough / (Charles) Let the Good Times Roll – House of
David: David Fathead Newman – Rhino/Atlantic – R2 71452

9:01 NPR News

(Gershwin) Our Love Is Here to Stay – Our Man in Paris – Dexter Gordon –
Blue Note – 7243 5 80914 2 7

(Ellington) I Don’t Know What Kind of Blues I Got – Duke Ellington: The
Blanton Webster Band – Bluebird – 5659-2-RB

(Ellington, Carney, Mills) Rockin’ in Rhythm Parts 1 and 2 – Hamp: The
Legendary Decca Recordings – Decca Jazz – GRD-2-652

(Tadd Dameron) On a Misty Night – Hod O’Brien Live at Blues Alley – Third
Set – Reservoir – RSR CD 187

(Larry Goldings) Words – Caminhos Cruzados – Larry Goldings – Novus –
01241 63184-2

(Ernesto Lecuona) Siboney – South Florida Jazz Orchestra – Mama Records –
MAA 1036

(Franz Lehar, Ludwig Herver, Richard Tauber) You Are My Heart’s Delight –
Dedications –  Sathima Bea Benjamin - Ekapa – CMYK-6220

(Harry Smith, Franz Lehar) Yours Is My Heart Alone – For My Lady – Phil
Woods – Chesky records – JD3

(Robin and Rainger) Easy Living – Clifford Brown: The Complete Blue Note
and Pacific Jazz Recordings – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

(Clay Boland, Moe Jaffe) Gypsy in My Soul – The Oscar Peterson Trio at the
Stratford Shakespearean Festival – Verve – 314 513 754-2