[JPL] know any Pub.Radio consultants!?

Lloyd Townsend, Jr. jazz at imaginaryrecords.com
Thu Oct 2 11:01:54 EDT 2008

Hey, Greg:

My opinion, as a faithful listener and contributor, is that the new
boss can make his mark on WMOT by being possibly the *first* "new
boss" to keep his mitts OFF of a successful station's format!
Nashville's WPLN carries ALL of the NPR and most of the PRI
programming in the middle TN market -- on FOUR HD channels, even --
and having WMOT carry the same stuff would be a *huge waste* of
resources.

If the new boss wants to lose listeners, just run the same programs
another station is also running in your same market!

In my opinion, if you want to *increase* cume, the new boss will push
the damn MTSU sports programming off onto a secondary channel!  Talk
about killing your jazz audience -- when football/basketball (both
men & women's)/field hockey/pig wrestling (....well, maybe not the
last one.... ) hits the airwaves, you can hear the radios being
turned off all over the TN valley!

By the way, I'm posting this to the JPL knowingly, hoping some other
idiot "boss" will accidentally read it and just maybe think a bit
longer before making programming changes that hurt JAZZ.

Lloyd Townsend
Prop., Imaginary Records
Nashville, TN
ALREADY well served with NPR/PRI programming!