[JPL] HD Radio - Your Status

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 12:11:55 EDT 2008

Not germane to your query but maybe of interest to anyone thinking about adding an HD tuner to their home stereo:

I purchased a Sony XDR-F1HD tuner a couple of months back through Etronics.com.  It performs very well, especially when considering the cost: less than $100.00.  Buying it online seems to be the only option as I have not found a single retailer in Denver that stocks it.  A friend of mine says that it outperforms his Sangean HD tuner which cost about twice as much.  The AM analog tuner isn't so hot in the Sony although AM HD broadcasts do sound as good as advertised.  Doesn't make Rush Limbaugh any more palatable though...

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM