[JPL] Re: Leaf through! Jazz LP Covers

eflash17 at comcast.net eflash17 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 13:47:54 EDT 2008

Steve,

Thanks for the Flora link !!  I had no idea that they offer fine art prints for sale, I think I will have to get some.  One of my many prized records is the 1949 10" LP by Jimmy Dorsey featuring Flora's artwork.  Not the most prized or rare of his many covers, but I get to hold it in my hands whenever I want so it's prized to me.

If you guys dig Flora, check out Shag - he is a modern artist very much influenced by Jim Flora (by his own admission):  http://www.shag.com/

- Flash

From: Steve Schwartz <steve_schwartz at wgbh.org>