[JPL] HD Radio - Your Status

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Fri Oct 3 15:28:00 EDT 2008

We are just using KVLU-One for main channel

KVLU-Two (Classical, Jazz and some NPR programs)

KVLU-Three (AAA)

George Thomas wrote:

>This week's sponsor:  MAMA RECORDS
>
>MAMA RECORDS presents modern-day jazz legend RANDY BRECKER...
>Shaping the sound of Jazz, R+B and Rock for decades, RANDY BRECKER's
trumpet and flugelhorn performances have graced hundreds of albums by a
wide range of artists...It was time for another RB-Solo recording that
came from the soul....here it is.....BRECKER IS BACK in a strong way
with a Spectacular Melodic Latin Jazz recording: ''RANDY IN BRASIL''

>National Promotion by Dr. Jazz, drjazz at drjazz.com
>
>READ MORE BELOW ....
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> > I need your help from the Radio side of the list.
>>
>> Please reply to me if you are operating HD radio and what the names of
>> your channels are currently.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> ALOHA
>> Tom
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Tom,
>
>Vermont Public Radio has two separate networks, one (VPRcl) just
classical
>and one (VPR) with news, jazz, folk/blues/world & oldies. All the
>transmitters have HD with three channels: VPR, VPRcl and BBC.
>
>George
>
>Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
>Vermont Public Radio
>365 Troy Ave
>Colchester, VT 05446
>
>802-654-4343
>jazz at vpr.net
>www.vpr.net
>Mon-Thu 8-10pm,Fri 9pm-mid
>

>--
>Scanned by MailScanner
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Shaping the sound of Jazz, R+B and Rock for decades, RANDY BRECKER's
trumpet and flugelhorn performances have graced hundreds of albums by a
wide range of artists...It was time for another RB-Solo recording that
came from the soul....here it is.....BRECKER IS BACK in a strong way
with a Spectacular Melodic Latin Jazz recording: ''RANDY IN BRASIL''

>Produced by Ruria  Duprat in Brasil, ''RANDY IN BRASIL'' features such
well-known Brasilian musicians as Ricardo Silveira (guitar), Teco
Cardoso (saxes/flute), Paulo Calazans (keyboards), Sizao Machado
(bass), Robertinho Silva (drums), Da Lua and Joao  Parahyba
(percussion) .... a tasty Latin production.  Choosing the material from
the files of Djavan, Ivan Lins, Gilberto Gil and Joao Bosco, Randy
includes two smokin' hot originals for a tasty Latin production.  HOT!

>MAMA is also proud to give you the South Florida Jazz
Orchestra...Produced by JOHN FEDCHOCK and directed by CHUCK
BERGERON...with Special Guests KEVIN MAHOGANY, ARTURO SANDOVAL, NICOLE
YARLING, CHARLES PILLOW, and ED CALLE, .

>The  SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCHESTRA is a modern Big Band comprised of
many of the best Jazz and studio musicians, and Jazz educators in the
southeastern part of the United States. The band's eclectic repertoire
includes original compositions and new arrangements influenced by their
diverse musical experiences in the South Florida artistic
community...it also includes, ''off the record'', the highest note
ARTURO has 'hit'...!