[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 10-03-08

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Fri Oct 3 16:12:16 EDT 2008

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 10-03-08

    HOUR ONE

Theme

Cab Calloway & His Orchestra - The Jumpin' Jive - Cab Calloway: Best Of
The Big Bands (Columbia)
McCoy Tyner - Contemplation - The Real McCoy (Blue Note)
McCoy Tyner - Search For Peace - The Real McCoy (Blue Note)
McCoy Tyner w/ John Scofield - Blues On The Corner - Guitars (HalfNote)
[C]

  BREAK

John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman - You Are Too Beautiful - John Coltrane
And Johnny Hartman (Impulse)
John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman - Autumn Serenade - John Coltrane And
Johnny Hartman (Impulse)
Joe Locke - Laura - Force Of Four (Origin) [C]
Boz Scaggs - Dindi - Speak Low (Decca) [C]

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

  Holly Yarbrough interview

Holly Yarbrough - Won't You Be My Neighbor - Mister Rogers Swings
(vintageDiscs) [C]

  Holly Yarbrough interview continues

Holly Yarbrough - Many Ways To Say I Love You - Mister Rogers Swings
(vintageDiscs) [C]

  Holly Yarbrough interview continues

Holly Yarbrough - It's You I Like - Mister Rogers Swings (vintageDiscs)
[C]

  Holly Yarbrough interview continues

Holly Yarbrough - It's Such A Good Feeling - Mister Rogers Swings
(vintageDiscs) [C]

  BREAK

Erroll Garner - It Gets Better Every Time - Magician (Telarc)
Erroll Garner - I Got Rhythm - Gershwin And Kern (Telarc)
Sarah Vaughn - I'm Glad There Is You - Sarah Vaughn's Finest Hour
(Verve)

  BREAK

Boots Randolph - I'm Beginning To See The Light - A Whole New Ballgame
(Zoho)
Boots Randolph - I'll Be Seeing You - A Whole New Ballgame (Zoho)

  BREAK