[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH Boston 10/03/08

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 4 00:04:19 EDT 2008

Jazz  from Studio Four
Friday, Oct 3, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

VONSKI @ 86: CELEBRATING TENOR SAXOPHONIST VON FREEMAN (b. Oct 3, 1922)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Von Freeman: Blues for Billie, The Improvisor (Premonition)
Von Freeman: Violets for Your Furs, The Great Divide (Premonition)

8:25pm
Roy Hargrove; @ Scullers Jazzz Club, Boston; Oct 3, 4.: Speak Low, Earfood
(Groovin High/Emarcy)
John Swana: Shrack's Corner, Bright moments (Criss Cross)
Joe Magnarelli: I Had The Craziest Dream, Persistence (Reservoir)

8:45pm
Von Freeman: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Lost In A Fog; Catnap,
Doin' It Right Now (Atco)

9:09pm
Rachael Price: That Old Black Magic, The Good Hours (Claire Vision)
Cassandra Wilson: Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most,
Loverly (Blue Note)
Kelley Johnson: Should've Been, Home (Sapphire)

9:27pm
Von Freeman; Chico Freeman: Jug Ain't Gone; Time Marches On; I Can't Get
Started, Fathers & Sons (Columbia LP)

9:43pm
Alan Broadbent: Chi Chi, Moment's Notice (Chilly Bin Records)
Wycliffe Gordon: Anthropology, Boss Bones (Criss Cross)
Lafayette Harris Jr: Moose The Mooche, Trio Talk (Airman)
Charlie Parker: Bird of Paradise (All The Things You Are),
The Complete Dial Sessions (Stash)

10:06pm
Kurt Elling; Von Freeman: The Rent Party, Live in Chicago (Blue Note)
Von Freeman; Chico Freeman; Dianne Reeves: Comes Love,
75th Birthday Celebration (Platinum)
Von Freeman: Crazy She Calls Me, Live At The Dakota (Premonition)

10:33pm
Anat Cohen: After The Rain, Notes From The Village (Anzik )
McCoy Tyner: Mr. P.C., Guitars (Half Note)

10:52am
Louis Smith; featuring Von Freeman: Silvering, Silvering (Steeplechase)
Von Freeman: Song For My Father, Dedicated To You (Steeplechase)
Von Freeman: Bruz, George & Chico, Walkin' Tuff! (Southport)

11:19pm
Generations: So What, Tough Guys (Int'l Center for The Arts)
David Murray; Mal Waldron: Jean-Pierre, Silence (Justin Time)

11:40pm
Von Freeman: Blue Pres, The Great Divide (Premonition)
Von Freeman: In My Solitude, Never Let Me Go (Steeplechase)

11:56pm
Von Freeman: My Little Brown Book, Live At The Dakota (Premonition)