[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den - October, 5,2008

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 5 07:37:48 EDT 2008

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 697

On today's show we have voices including THERESA TOVA, BILLIE HOLIDAY, DEBORAH BROWN and PATRCIA BARBER plus 4 movements from OSVALDO GLIJOV' "ST. MARK PASSION" SCHNEIDER.  2007 FIJM WINNERS MARIANNE TRUDEL and FEIX STUSSI are also heard from.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#697]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
October 2, 2008

SONNY ROLLINS (Rene Thomas)

AND THE BIG BRASS [VERVE]

Who Cares?

THERSA TOVA

TELLING STORIES [TOVA ENTERTAINMENT]

*Brother Can You Spare A Dime (in Yiddish)

*Under Your White Starry Heaven (in Yiddish)

AVISHIA COHEN (bass)

GENTLY DISTURBED [SUNNYSIDE]

Variations In G Minor

AVISHAI COHEN (trumpet)

THE TRUMPET PLAYER [FRESH SOUND NEW TALENT]

Giggin'

BILLIE HOLIDAY

AT MONTEREY (OCTOBER 5) 1958 (BLACKHAWK)

Billie's Blues

What A Little Moonlight Can Do

Trav'lin Light

Lover Come Back To Me

HOD O'BRIEN

HOD & COLE [JAZZ MANIA]

In The Still Of The Night

It's Bad For Me

PATRICIA BARBER

THE COLE PORTER MIX [BLUE NOTE]

You're The Top

Snow

What Is This Thing Called Love

HILARIO DURAN (@ UPSTAIRS October 10 / 11)

FRANCISCO'S SONG [JUSTIN TIME]

*Hot House

*Lush Life

ANDREW HOMZY

100 YEARS OF ELLINGTON [JUSTIN TIME]

*Cent-Ellington (4th Movement)

LEW TABACKIN

LIVE IN PARIS [L/T/]

Self Portrait of the Bean

DEBORAH BROWN

FOR THE LOVE OF IVIE

All God's Children

ROBIN McKELLE

MODERN ANTIQUE [CHEAP LULLABY]

Abracadabra

OSVALDO GOLIJOV (composer)

ST. MARK PASSION [HANSSLER]

Not On The Feast Day

Two Days

Anointment in Betheny

Why ?

Canadian content (*) 5 of 24

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)