[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Oct 4,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 5 10:01:38 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Oct 4,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Oct 4, 2008

Hour 1

PHIL KELLY AND THE NW PREVAILING WINDS - "Cuzn Bubba Luvz Ewe" - Convergence Zone - (Origin)

TOM BECKHAM - "Cee's and Dee's" - Rebound - (Avria)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "Cool" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

DAN COY TRIO - "Little Sunflower" - Nothing But the Truth - (indep)

RANDY BRECKER - "Sambop" - Randy in Brasil - (Mama)

SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCH - "Blues Gumbo" - self titled - (Mama)

JEFF BARONE - "Open Up" - Open Up - (Jazzed Media)

Hour 2

BOBBY BROOM - "Airegin" - The Way I Play - (Origin)

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Half Pay" - Roll With It - (Origin)

BILL EVANS - "Peace Piece" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

PAUL CARLON OCTET - "Yorubonics" - Roots Propaganda - (Deep Tone)

SIR JAMES GALWAY/TIEMPO LIBRE - "Baroque and Blue" - O'Reilly Street - (RCA Red Seal)

GENE LUDWIG - "Unit 7" - Hands On - (Blues Leaf)

GINGER BERGLUND - "Unit 7" - Haven't We Met - (indep)

Hour 3

JOHN BOUTTE - "That's My Desire" - Jambalaya - (indep)

JANE MONHEIT - "Taking a Chance On Love" - Taking a Chance On Love - (Sony)

PAUL WEST AND MARK BROWN - "Kind Word" - Words and Music - (Origin)

DINAH WASHINGTON - "I Get a Kick Out of You" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

SARAH VAUGHAN - "The Island" - Crazy and Mixed Up - (Pablo)

ANNE PHILLIPS - "Late Late Show" - Ballet Time - (indep)

KATIE KING - "Come Together" - Harry's Fight - (Origin)

CHRIS HUMPHREY - "Swingin Till the Girls Come Home" - Nothing But Blue Sky - (Cadence Jazz)

KELLY HARLAND - "Look For the Silver Lining" - Long Ago and Far Away - (Origin)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "Witchcraft" - Love Letters From Ella - (Concord)

NATALIE COLE/CHAKA KHAN - "If You Can't Sing It" - We All Love Ella - (Verve)

Hour 4

DAVID SANCHEZ - "Monk's Mood" - Cultural Survival - (Concord)

BRIAN BROMBERG - "If I Should Lose You" - It's About Time The Acoustic Project - (indep)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH WEST - "This I Dig Of You" - The Minute Game - (Summit)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Both Sides Of the Fence" - Both Sides Of the Fence - (Origin)

ITALIAN SAXOPHONE QUARTET - "Oblivion" - Sound of the Italian Saxophone Quartet - (unknown)

GARY MOTLEY - "P.K.s Tempo" - Everything I Own - (GMM)

TED KOOSHIAN - "Blue Period" - Clockwork - (indep)

ART FARMER/BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Park Avenue Petite" - Complete Argo/Mercury Recordings - (Mosaic)

CNY JAZZ ORCH - "All Things Considered" - Then Now and Again - (indep)

HADLEY CALIMAN - "Linda" - Gratitude - (Origin)

Hour 5

GEOF BRADFIELD - "Twirl" - Urban Nomad - (Origin)

RANDY BRECKER - "Oriente" - Randy in Brasil - (Mama)

SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCH - "Role Models" - self titled - (MAMA)

SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCH - "Kong's Garden" - self titled - (MAMA)

LOU DONALDSON - "Sputnik" - Complete Blue Note Recordings 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

MICHAEL'S JAZZ QUARTET - "Well You Should" - Woody n'Me - (indep)

ROBERTA PIKET TRIO - "Destiny" - Love and Beauty - (indep)

Hour 6

THELONIOUS MONK - "Monk's Dream" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

PAUL CARR - "Just Noodlin" - Just Noodlin - (Jazz Karma)

PETER PAULSEN SEXTET - "In and Of Itself" - Change of Scenery - (Wahbo)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "A Deeper Blue" - Folk Music - (Origin)

RICK SIMERLY - "Stablemates" - Obscurity - (Double Time)

JOE LOVANO - "Blue Sketches" - Streams Of Expression - (Blue Note)

DOMINIC ASHWORTH - "Round Midnight" - Portraits - (indep)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM