[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 10/06/08

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 05:29:47 EDT 2008

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, October 6, 2008

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – One Nation – Blacknuss – Atlantic

(N) McCoy Tyner (w/Marc Ribot) – Passion Dance – Guitars – Half Note

*Satoko Fujii Orchestra Nagoya – Slip-on – Maru – Bakamo Records

ROVA – The Throes (*Larry Ochs arr.) – ROVA Plays Lacy: Favorite Street –
Black Saint (vinyl)

Sam Rivers – Mellifluous Cacophony – The Complete Blue Note Sam Rivers
Sessions – Mosaic

Von Freeman – Von Freeman's Blues – Serenade & Blues – Nessa

(N) (NW) (R) – Marcus Wood/*Julian Priester – Refinition – Formations –
mswmusic.com

*Peter Apfelbaum & The Hieroglyphics Ensemble – Light Leaving the Spirit
Bridge – Jodoji Brightness – Antilles

*Charlie Haden & The Liberation Music Orchestra – La Passionara – The Ballad
of the Fallen – ECM

*Steven Bernstein & The Millennial Territory Orchestra – Cry Baby Cry – MRO
Vol. 1 – Sunnyside

*Jerry Granelli – I Put A Spell On You – A Song I Thought I Heard Buddy Sing
– Evidence

Von Freeman – Portrait of John Young – Doin' It Right Now – Atlantic

Sam Rivers – Afflatus – The Complete Blue Note Sam Rivers Sessions – Mosaic

(N) Bill Dixon – Darfur – 17 Musicians In Search Of A Sound: Darfur – AUM
Fidelity

*Charlie Haden & The Liberation Music Orchestra – War Orphans – Liberation
Music Orchestra – Impulse!

(N) = new release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist

(R) = listener request

* = artists to be featured as part of the upcoming Earshot Jazz Festival in
Seattle

Plus birthday salutes to three elders - Great Chiefs of this music - Bill
Dixon, Von Freeman and Sam Rivers.