[JPL] taintradio.org - taint town live 10-06-08 (matinee edition)

Bob Rogers taintradio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:59:31 EDT 2008

8pm
The New Jazz Composers Octet, David and Goliath (The Turning Gate)
Joe Locke, Like Joe (Force of Four)
Oliver Lake Organ Trio, Nu Peace (Makin' It)
Dafnis Prieto Sextet, The sooner the better (Taking the soul for a walk)
Shakers n' Bakers, Even Shakers Get the Blues/Laughing John's
Interrogatory/Limber Zeal (YFZ)

9pm
Lafayette Gilchrist, Come Get Some (Soul Progressin')
Joe Locke, Laura (Force of Four)
William Parker Quartet, The Golden Bell (Petit Oiseau)
Jeanne Lee & Ran Blake, Laura (The Newest Sound Around)
Bobo Stenson Trio, Love, I've Found You (Cantando)
Bennie Maupin Quartet, The Jewel in the Lotus (Early Reflections)
Kate McGarry, You're My Thrill (If Less Is More...Nothing Is Everything)
Organissimo, Bleeker (Groovadelphia)
Will Barnard, title track (Blue Plate Special)

10pm
Sekou Sundiata, Ear Training (The Blue Oneness of Dreams)
e.s.t., The Goldhearted Miner (Tuesday Wonderland)
Yoon Sun Choi & Jacob Sacks, Little Things (Imagination)
Jeremy Pelt, Mata (November)
Matt Haimovitz & Geoffrey Burleson, Samuel Barber's Sonata for Cello & Piano
in C Minor, Op 6 (Odd Couple)
Wadada Leo Smith's Golden Quartet, title track (Year of the Elephant)

11pm
Jimmy Giuffre-Paul Bley-Steve Swallow, Afternoon (Jimmy Giuffre 3, 1961)
Mark Masters Ensemble w/Oliver Lake, Le Clit (Farewell Walter Dewey Redman)
Jaleel Shaw, The Struggle (Optimism)
Sam Rivers Trio, Hues of Melanin (...Live)
Nguyen Le, Mangustao - Part 2 (Tales from Viet-Nam)
--
Bob Rogers
taintradio.org (music 24/7)
taintradio at gmail.com