[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments with Bill Barton, KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM, 10-06-08

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:02:55 EDT 2008

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, October 6, 2008

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - One Nation - Blacknuss - Atlantic

(N) McCoy Tyner (w/Marc Ribot) - Passion Dance - Guitars - Half Note

*Satoko Fujii Orchestra Nagoya - Slip-on - Maru - Bakamo Records

ROVA - The Throes (*Larry Ochs arr.) - ROVA Plays Lacy: Favorite Street -
Black Saint (vinyl)

Sam Rivers - Mellifluous Cacophony - The Complete Blue Note Sam Rivers
Sessions - Mosaic

Von Freeman - Von Freeman's Blues - Serenade & Blues = Nessa

(N) (NW) (R) - Marcus Wood/*Julian Priester - Refinition - Formations -
mswmusic.com

*Peter Apfelbaum & The Hieroglyphics Ensemble - Light Leaving the Spirit
Bridge - Jodoji Brightness - Antilles

*Charlie Haden & The Liberation Music Orchestra - La Passionara - The Ballad
of the Fallen - ECM

*Steven Bernstein & The Millennial Territory Orchestra - Cry Baby Cry- MTO
Vol. 1 - Sunnyside

*Jerry Granelli - I Put A Spell On You - A Song I Thought I Heard Buddy Sing
- Evidence

Von Freeman - Portrait of John Young - Doin' It Right Now - Atlantic

Sam Rivers - Afflatus - The Complete Blue Note Sam Rivers Sessions - Mosaic

(N) Bill Dixon - Darfur - 17 Musicians In Search Of A Sound: Darfur - AUM
Fidelity

*Charlie Haden & The Liberation Music Orchestra - War Orphans - Liberation
Music Orchestra - Impulse!

(N) = new release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist

(R) = listener request

* = artists to be featured as part of the upcoming Earshot Jazz Festival in
Seattle

Plus birthday salutes to three elders - Great Chiefs of this music - Bill
Dixon, Von Freeman and Sam Rivers.