[JPL] Inline Patch (was Re: USB Turntable and Audacity software - phone interviews)

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:36:56 EDT 2008

Hi Susan,

Sorry for the delay, the engineer that lent me the box was away last week,
the outfit that provides it is called JK Audio and this is their website:
http://www.jkaudio.com

and this is the box (called an inline patch) that I've used:
http://www.jkaudio.com/inline-patch.htm

Looks like they've got a few reasonably priced items that might come in
handy around a radio station ...

I used the inline patch for a phone interview with Michael Blake in NYC,
captured to audacity, edited the wave file, split into tracks and burned to
a cd which allowed me to transcribe it (
http://vancouverjazz.com/inview/blake.shtml) and play it on the air
interspersed with the music that we were discussing.

Hope that helps, thanks ... N

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Susan Reeves <susan at susanreeves.net> wrote:

> Hello  Nou-
>
> Wow -  that sounds like just what I need -
> Can you please post or send  the specs to obtain that box?!
> Although one would still hear the "phone" sound vs.  an ISDN clean
> connection, at least it's better than mic-ing a speaker phone (the station's
> current method for pre-recording a phone interview....).
>
> Thanks very much -
> Susan
>
> =======
>

> POSTED by
> Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
> Sun Sep 28 23:00:35 EDT 2008
>
> I've also used it to do phone interviews, the station has a box that can be
> inserted 'inline' into a phone which separates incoming and outgoing into
> separate channels (for balance adjustment) and provides them in a
> two-channel/stereo digital output.  That plugs into a soundcard and with
> Audacity doing the capture, you can have a nice conversation and edit it up
> into an interview quite easily.  Very handy .. N
>
> --
> Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
> Sun Sep 28 22:25:58 EDT 2008
> > Hi Eric et al ~
> >
> > I saw that you mentioned Audacity software in your post about recording
> > from LPs etc.
> >
> > It is a great program which I use for a lot of recording applications,
> such
> > as from LPs and cassettes, as well as for creating original multi-track
> >  music.   Free, available from their website:
> > http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
> > "Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds.
> > It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other
> > operating systems".
> >
> > Susan**Support Live Music**
> ****** ****** ******
> Susan Reeves
> PO Box 3047
> Durham, NC  27715
> susan at susanreeves.net
> www.susanreeves.net
> Straight No Chaser - 88.9 fm - WSHAfm.org
>
> --
====
Nou Dadoun
Fri 2:30-5:30 pm PST | http://www.coopradio.org/stream.html