[JPL] 85th Edition of Jazz Spotlight on Sinatra

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 09:57:25 EDT 2008

Hi All,   We¹ve reached another milestone with our 85th program. I do hope
you are enjoying the music.  Best to All,  Nancy

03 What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?    4:03    Frank Sinatra
Everything Happens To Me

04 WHAT ARE YOU DOING THE REST OF YOUR LIFE    4:22    Don Braden    Gentle
Storm

05Let's Face The Music    6:36    Kate McGarry    If Less Is More...Nothing
Is Everything

06 Speak Low - Peter Erskine, Joe Lovano, Kenny Werner, Marc Jo    5:51
Peter Erskine    Sweet Soul

07 Mountain Greenery    2:47    John Pizzarelli    With A Song In My Heart

08 Coquette    5:13    Hot Club of Detroit    Night Town

10 He´s Funny That Way    4:10    Sheila Cooper    Tales of Love and Longing

11 I'll Remember April    6:15    Cal Tjader    Jazz At The Blackhawk

12 It's Easy To Remember    4:47    Ernestine Anderson    Love Makes The
Changes

13 I Remember You    4:30    Chris McNulty    I Remember You

14 I'll Remember April - Andre Previn    6:24    Various Artists - Fantasy /
Contemporary

15 The Late, Late Show    2:18    Catherine Russell    Cat

17 Sinatra/NorvoMedley    6:36    Frank Sinatra/Red Norvo    Live In
Australia, 1959 (w/Red Norvo Quintet)

18 Street Of Dreams    4:07    Wynton Marsalis & Ellis Marsalis with
Reginald Veal and Herlin Riley    Standard Time, Volume 3: Resolution Of
Romance

19 I Won't Dance    3:36    Jane Monheit    Taking A Chance On Love

20 I Won't Dance    3:25    Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra    Groove Shop

21 Let's Face The Music And Dance    4:34    Tom Lellis/Toninho Horta
Tonight

22 Something I Dreamed Last Night    6:16    Miles Davis    Steamin' With
The Miles Davis Quintet

23 Come Dance With Me    2:16    Shirley Horn    Loads Of Love + Shirley
Horn With Horns

25 East Of The Sun    5:04    Joel Frahm    Don't Explain

26 Midnight Sun    7:50    Linda Ciofalo    Sun Set

27 Ain't No Sunshine    5:15    Orbert Davis    Priority

28 When The Sun Comes Out    5:30    Barbara Fasano    Written in the Stars

29 You And The Night And The Music    2:58    Stan Kenton    Collectors
Series

30 On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Lena Horne And Nat King Co    2:58
Various Artists    Live Sessions -

32 There Used To Be A Ballpark    3:39    Frank Sinatra    Ol' Blue Eyes Is
Back

33 It's All In The Game    2:55    Jimmy Witherspoon    Blue Spoon / Spoon
In London

34 Things Ain't What They Used To Be    4:40    Al Grey    Matzoh And Grits

35 The Thrill Is Gone    4:00    Denise Donatelli    In The Company Of
Friends

36 Too Close For Comfort    6:53    Leslie Pintchik    Quartets

37 I Thought About You    4:52    Dena Derose    Love's Holiday

38 Body And Soul    3:19    Eddie Jefferson    Savoy 60th Anniversary,
Timeless (Disc 2)

40 Somewhere    5:32    David Hazeltine    Modern Standards

41 Small World    2:40    Comstock, Eric    No One Knows

42 Some thing's Coming From "West Side Story"    3:55    Oscar Peterson Trio
Jazz Like You've Never Heard It Before

43 All I Need Is The Girl    2:26    Vic Damone    Live In Concert

44 Show Me (From My Fair Lady)    6:30    Chet Baker    Chet Baker Plays The
Best Of Lerner & Loewe

45 Anyone Can Whistle    5:13    Roz Corral    Telling Tales

47 Send In The Clowns (from 'A Little Night Music')    4:13    Frank Sinatra
Sinatra Collection

48 Nancy With The Laughing Face    4:16    Frank Foster    Two For The Blues

49 Make Someone Happy    4:35    Laverne Butler    A Foolish Thing To Do

50 Three Little Words    7:55    Junior Mance/ Keter Betts/ Jackie Williams
Floating Jazz Festival Trio

51 Easy Street    3:16    June Christy    June Christy And The Stan Kenton
Orchestra

52 Ghost of a Chance    6:22    Ed The Red    Sings Love Stories

54 Have You Met Miss Jones    5:53    George Garzone    Four's And Two's

55 Wild Is Love    3:14    Pamela Luss    Your Eyes

56 Too Close For Comfort    5:40    Curtis Counce    You Get More Bounce
With Curtis Counce!

57  It Might As Well Be Spring    3:30    Barbara Sfraga    Under The Moon

58 I Didn't Know What Time It Was - NNenna Freelon    4:18    Nnenna Freelon
Blueprint Of A Lady: Sketches Of Billie Holiday

59  Memories Of You    4:00    Ken Peplowski    Last Swing Of The Century

61 More Than You Know    3:26    Frank Sinatra    Everything Happens To Me

62 The More I See You    3:43    Count Basie    Count Basie Big Band:
Montreux '77

63 Give Me The Simple/Tea For Two    3:01    Billy Stritch    Sunday In New
York

64 Can't We Be Friends    3:45    Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
What A Wonderful Duet

65 Just Friends    6:57    Jerry Bergonzi    A Different Look

67 Invitation / Green Dolphin Street    5:53    Bob Florence    Friends /
Treasures / Heroes

69    4:29    Mel Torme    The Great American Songbook - Live at Michael's
Pub

70 April In Paris    3:09    Charlie Parker    Charlie Parker With Strings:
The Master Takes

71 I Love Paris    7:19    Judi Silvano    Let Yourself Go

72 Last Time I Saw Paris    6:08    Tardo Hammer    Tardo's Tempo

73 Manhattan    4:18    Dinah Washington    Jazz Like You've Never Heard It
Before

74 April In Paris (Live)    4:56    Erroll Garner    Concert By The Sea

76 Luck Be A Lady    5:14    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise Studio
Recordings (Disc 7)

77 I'm Just A Lucky So & So    6:34    Bill Mays    Saturday Afternoon Jazz

78 Lucky To Be Me    4:58    Kelley Johnson    Music Is The Magic

79 Lucky To Be Me    3:41    Bill Evans    Everybody Digs Bill Evans
[Keepnews Collection]

80 Basin Street Blues    4:56    Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis    Two Men
With The Blues [Live]

81 Lullaby of the Leaves    4:00    Lucky Thompson    Jazz in Paris: With
Dave Pochonet All Stars

83 Love Walked IN    2:11    Melody Breyer-Grell    Fascinating Rhythms

84 Moment's Notice    4:09    Turtle Island String Quartet    A Love
Supreme: The Legacy of John Coltrane

85 Close To You    6:18    Tuck & Patti    A Gift of Love

86  What Is This Thing Called Love - Bill Evans/Andy LaVerne    6:07
SteveDavis/AndyLaVerne    Double Time Records - Jazz Sampler Vol 1

87 Lover Come Back To Me    4:16    Cassandra Wilson    Loverly

88 Some Of These Days    2:37    Kevin Spacey & The John Wilson Orchestra
Beyond The Sea   :30 PM

89 I Concentrate on You    6:00    Gerald Wilson Orchestra    Monterey Moods

90 I Concentrate On You    5:17    DARYL SHERMAN    Guess Who's In Town

--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"