[JPL] Inline Patch (was Re: USB Turntable and Audacity software - phone interviews)

Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
Thu Oct 9 09:49:32 EDT 2008

Hi Nou-

Thanks so much for this info - I am checking it out.

I will check out the interview you did soon -

Again - I appreciate your following up!

Susan

===================================

"Nou Dadoun"
10/08/2008 12:37 AM
   SUBJECT :  Inline Patch (was Re: USB Turntable and Audacity software - phone interviews)

Hi Susan,

Sorry for the delay, the engineer that lent me the box was away last week, the outfit that provides it is called JK Audio and this is their website: http://www.jkaudio.com

and this is the box (called an inline patch) that I've used:  http://www.jkaudio.com/inline-patch.htm

Looks like they've got a few reasonably priced items that might come in handy around a radio station ...

I used the inline patch for a phone interview with Michael Blake in NYC, captured to audacity, edited the wave file, split into tracks and burned to a cd which allowed me to transcribe it (http://vancouverjazz.com/inview/blake.shtml) and play it on the air interspersed with the music that we were discussing.

Hope that helps, thanks ... N