[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den # 698 - October 12, 2008

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 10 12:51:32 EDT 2008

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 698

On today's show we have music recorded on this date by Sheila Jordan, Charles Mingus, Brew Moore, Gene Ammons and Benny Goodman + pianists Oliver Jones, Josh Rager, Wally Cirillo, Art Tatum and Steve Kuhn.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#698]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
October 12, 2008

BIG PHAT BAND / ART TATUM

ACT YOUR AGE [IMMIRGENT]

Yesterdays

OLIVER JONES

NORTHERN SUMMIT [JUSTIN TIME]

*Yesterdays

*I Love You

*Lester Leaps In

BREW MOORE

BEBOP SPOKEN HERE [PROPER BOX]

Blue Brew

BENNY GOODMAN

TRIO & QUARTET [BLUEBIRD]

Sweet Georgia Brown

Opus ½

GENE AMMONS

BEBOP SPOKEN HERE [PROPER BOX]

Jam For Boppers

CHARLES MINGUS

THE COMPLETE TOWN HALL CONCERT [BLUE NOTE

In A Mellotone

My Search (I Can't Get Started)

SHEILA JORDAN

PORTRAIT OF SHEILA [BLUE NOTE]

Falling In Love With Love

Laugh Clown Laugh

Hum Drum Blues

JOHN LaPORTA

COMPLETE DEBUT RECORDINGS [LONEHILL JAZZ]

This Hectic Life

B.E.D.

BEDLAM [BLUE SWING]

My Canary Has Circles Under His Eyes

Bedlam

JOSH RAGER

TIME AND AGAIN [EFFENDI]

*Side Eye

STEVE KUHN

LIVE AT BIRDLAND [BLUE NOTE]

Slow Hot Wind

CARLA BLEY

SOCIAL STUDIES [WATT]

Reactionary Tango

TESSA SOUTER

LISTEN LOVE [NARA MUSIC]

The Peacocks

Canadian content (*) 4 of 20

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)