[JPL] PLAYLIST: 10-12-08 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin F Boddie bfboddie at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 12 21:01:52 EDT 2008

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com

Noon
John Coltrane Quartet - You Don't Know What Love Is - Ballads - GRP - 1995
Peter Sommer - Dance Cadaverous - Crossroad - Capri Records - 2008
Warren Vache/John Allred Quintet - Song For My Father - Jubilation - Arbors Records - 2008
Dwight West - Bohemia Afer Dark - Triute To The Jazz Masters - Blue ArK Records - 2008
Sherrie Maricle & The DIVA Jazz Orchestra - Put A Little Love In YOur Heart - Jazz At Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola - DIVA Jazz - 2008
Bill Heid - Kirai - Asian Persuasion - Doodlin Records - 2008
Kristin Korb - YOu Stepped Out Of A Dream - Why Can't You Behave - Double K Music - 2006
Horace Silver - Sunrise In Malibu - A Preccription For the Blues - GRP Records - 1997

1:00
Gerald Wilson Orchestra - Cookin' On Cannery Row - Theme For Monterey - MAMA - 1998
Javon Jackson - Mr. Taylor - Once Upon A Melody - Palmetto Records - 2008
Uros Markovic Gospel Jazz Trio - Converted And Vonvertin - Jesus Saves - CTA Records - 2008
Andy Bey - I'm Just A Lucy So And So - Ballads Blues & Bey - Evidence - 1996 - B
Bill Charlap - Nice Work If You Can Get It - The American Soul - Blue Note - 2005
Randy Brecker - Guaruja - Randy In Brasil - MAMA Records - 2008
Rachael Price - The Folks Who Live On The Hill - Dedicated To You - Claire Vision - 2008
Russell Malone - Sweet Georgia Peach - Sweet Georgia Peach - GRP - 1998

2:00
Maria Schneider Jazz Orchestra - Love Theme From Spartacus - Coming About - Enja Records - 1996
Michael Brecker - Renaissance Man - Time Is Of The Essence - Verve - 1999
John Scofield - Do Like Eddie - Steady Groovin - Blue Note - 2000
David Sanborn - I Beleive To My Soul - Here & Gone - Decca Records - 2008
Bernard Purdie - Freedom Jazz Dance - Soul To Jazz - ACT Music - 1996 - B
Steve Turre - The Organ Grinder - Lotus Flower - Verve - 1999
Toots Thielemans - Killer Joe - Verve Jazz Masters 59 - Verve - 1996
Herbie Hancock - Cantaloupe Island - Then And Now - Verve - 2008

3:00
Charlie Haden Quartet West - The Left Hand Of God - Now Is The Hour - Verve - 1996
Bill Moring & Way Out East - Balls Of Everything - Spaces In Time - OWl Studios - 2008
Pat Coil Sextet - Way Down - Bird House - Liberty Hill Music - 2008
Ben Sidran Hammond Quartet - Gotta Serve Somebody - Cien Noches - Nardis Music - 2008
Joey Baron - Mighty Fine - Down Home - Intuition Music - 1997
Eric Reed - Maria - Pure Imagination - GRP - 1998
Leslie Lewis - In Walked Bud - Of Two Minds - Sure Cove Jazz - 2008
Conrad Herwig - A Love Supreme - The Latin Side Of John Coltrane - Astor Place Recordings - 1996