[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 10/12/08

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:37:50 EDT 2008

WWSP JAZZ/WORLD REPORT for week of 10/12/08

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
4 or more spins

4 Patricia Barber – The Cole Porter Mix – Blue Note
4 Big Phat Band – Act Your Age – Immergent
5 Carla Bley Big Band – Appearing Nightly – Watt/ECM
5 Randy Brecker – Randy In Brasil - MAMA
4 Vadim Brunell – Always In My Heart – Self Produced
4 Corey Christiansen – Roll With It – Origin
5 Anat Cohen – Notes From The Village – Anzic
4 Denise Donatelli – What Lies Within – Savant
4 Bruce Eskovitz – One For Newk II – Pacific Jazz
5 E.S.T. – Leucocyte – Emarcy
5 Michael Feinstein – The Sinatra Project – Concord
5 Fourplay – Energy – Heads Up
4 Mike Frost Project – Live – blujazz
5 Kenny Garrett – Sketches Of MD – Mack Ave.
5 Chico Hamilton Trio – Live At Artpark – Joyous Shout!
4 John Hicks Legacy Band – Mind Wine – Savant
5 Dave Holland Sextet – Pass It On – Dare2 Records
5 Oliver Lake – Makin It – Passin’ Thru
4 Mike LeDonne – FiveLive – Savant
4 Bradley Leighton – Soul Collective – Pacific Coast Jazz
4 Joe Lovano – Symphonica – Blue Note
4 Kate McGarry – If Less Is More – Palmetto
5 Francisco Mela – Cirio – Half Note
4 Steve Million – Remembering The Way Home – Origin
4 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
5 Organissimo – Grooveadelphia – Big O
5 Danilo Perez – Across The Crystal Sea – Emarcy
5 Boz Scaggs – Speak Low – Decca
4 Idit Shner – Tuesday’s Blues – OA2
4 Bobo Stenson Trio – Cantando – ECM
4 Take 6 – The Standard – Heads Up
5 McCoy Tyner – Guitars – HalfNote Records/McCoy Tyner Music
5 Tim Warfield – One For Shirley – Criss Cross
4 Pete Zimmer Quartet – Chillin’ Live At Jazz Factory – Tippin’ Records

2 – 3 spins

2 Beegie Adair – Dancing In The Dark – Green Hill
2 Roy Assaf & Eddy Khaimovich Quartet – Andarta – Origin
3 Michael B. & Friends – Selftitled – Primrose Lane
2 Mr. B – Joybox – Megawave
2 Tom Beckham – Rebound – Apria
2 Matt Belsante – Blame It On My Youth – Green Hill
2 Gasper Bertoncelj – Caution! Hard Hat Area! - Arabesque
3 Bill Cantrall – Axiom – Swing Up
2 Harley Card – Non-Fiction – MAP
2 Frank Catalano – Bang! – Savoy Jazz
3 Antonio Ciacca Quintet – Rush Life – Motema
2 Natalie Cole – Still Unforgettable – DMI/Atco
3 Dan Cray Trio – Over Here Over Heard – Crawdad
2 Peter Delano – For Dewey – Sunnyside
3 Frank Derrick – The Beat Goes On – Jazzed Media
2 Gerry Eastman Quintet – Brown Skin Gal – WMC
3 Madeline Eastman – Can You Hear Me Now? – Mad-Kat
2 Karen Emerson – From The Depyhs – Daring Kittens Records
3 Cynthia Felton – Afro Blue – Felton Entertainment
2 Generations – Tough Guys – ICA
3 Bill Heid – Asian Persuasion – Doodlin Records
2 Toni Jannotta – Is It Magic? – Aerie
3 Paul Kogut & Kelly Sill  - Peace – blujazz
3 Kristin Korb – Why Can’t You Behave – Double K Music
2 Ava Logan – So Many Stars – Diva Vet Music
2 Elaine Lucia – Let’s Live Again – Songflower Records
3 Sherrie Maricle & The Diva Jazz Orch. – Live – Self Produced
2 Bill Moring – Spaces In Time – Owl
2 Bob Mover – It Amazes Me – zoho
3 Milton Nascimento / Jobim Trio – Blue Note
3 Phil Norman Tentet – “Totally” Live At Catalina Jazz Club – MAMA
2 Tish Oney – Dear Peg – Rhombus Records
2 Leonard Patton – Love, Life & Song – LMG
2 Rachael Price – The Good Hours – Claire Vision
2 Steve Ramsdell – Looking For… - Kopaesthetics
3 Kate Reid – Sentimental Mood – Self Produced
2 Renolds Jazz Orchestra – Cube – Shanti Music
2 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform
3 Tim Ries – Stones World - Sunnyside
3 Kelly Rossum – Family – 612 Sides
3 Harvie S – Now Was The Time – Savant
2 Paul  Seaforth – Something Real – Fine Arts
3 Paul Shapiro – Essen – Tzadik
2 Judi Silvano – Cleome: Live Takes – JSL Records
3 Belinda Underwood – Greenspace – Cosmik Muse Rekords
3 Oscar Utterstrom Quintet – Home – Right Turn Records
3 Bebo Valdes & Javier Colina – Live – Calle 54
3 Gian Wiegner & Gary Brunotte – About Time – Sincopato
3 Eri Yamamoto Trio – Redwoods - AUM

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 10/12/08

Chet Baker – Chet In Chicago – Enja
Javon Jackson – Once Upon A Melody – Palmetto
Kurtztown Univ. Jazz Ensemble – The Best Is Yet To Come – Sea Breeze
Mark Masters Ensemble – Farewell Walter Dewey Redman – Capri
Chip Mcneill – Four Steps – Capri
Mosaic – Unsaid, Undone – Snack Records
Keith Oxman – Caught Between The Lion & The Twins – Capri
William Parker Quartet – Petit Oiseau – AUM
Peter Sommer – Crossroads – Capri
SFJO – Selftitled – MAMA
Stryker/Slagle Band – The Scene – zoho
Fred Taylor Trio – Circling – CCR
Mort Weiss – All Too Soon – SMS Jazz

WORLD MUSIC PLUS

*** =  Adds this week       W = World

W 4 Bajofundo – Mardulce - Decca
W 5 Chiwoniso – Rebel Woman - Cumbancha
W 4 John Brown’s Body – Amplify – Easy Star
*** Charmaine Clamor – My Harana - FreeHam
W 2 Curmin – Japan Pop Show – Mahogany Sun
W 3 Eccodek – Shivaboom – White Swan
W 3 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 2 Youssou  N’Dour  - Rokku Mi Rokka – Nonesuch
W 2 Lee “Scratch” Perry – Scratch Conquered – State Of Emergency Limited
W 5 Various – Acoustic Arabia - Putumayo
W 5 Various – Calypsoul 70 - Strut

PLUS

2 Mark Applebaum – Sock Monkey - Innova
3 Richard Bona – Bona Makes You Sweat - Decca
2 Theresia Bothe / Peter Croton – I’ll Sing A Song For You – Zah Zah
2 Spencer Brewer – Cinematic – Willow Rose
3 Jay Clayton – The Peace Of Wild Things - Sunnyside
2 Matt Haimovitz/Geoffrey Burleson – Odd Couple – Oxingale
2 Andrew Hill/ Chico Hamilton – Dreams Come True – Joyous Shout!
3 Garth Knox – D’Amore - ECM
3 Liberia – New Dawn – EMI Classics
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
3 Garaj Mahal – Woot - OWL
3 Rudresh Mahanthappa – Kinsmen – PI Records
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club - Cryptogramophone
3 Vassilis Tsabropoulos – Melos - ECM
4 Pete M. Wyer – Stories From The City At Night – Thirsty Ear
3 Savina Yannatou – Primavera En Salonico - ECM

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 10/19.  I will have space for 14 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481