[JPL] Bill Cunliffe's Take On "The Blues and Abstract Truth...Take 2"

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 14:56:22 EDT 2008

Anyone had a chance to hear this? Any artist deciding to do a "remake" of a classic had better have their dodo together. Bill Cunliffe succeeds beautifully in breathing new life into the Oliver Nelson classic. Visionary arrangements without losing the integrity of the originals. I love the modern take on the harmonic choices and meters within the melodic constructions. Well thought out and certainly heading for my top picks of the year. Definitely check this one out.

Jae Sinnett
PS...Mitchell, Neal Sapper was working the Fahir recording a while ago.