[JPL] PLAYLIST:WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Oct 11,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 14 19:35:49 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Oct 11,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Oct 11 2008

Hour 1

GENE LUDWIG - "Groove Merchant" - Hands On - (Blues Leaf)

PHIL KELLY AND THE NW PREVAILING WINDS - "Damp Brown Places" - Convergence Zone - (Origin)

PAUL CARLON OCTET - "Backstory" - Roots Propaganda - (indep)

TAYLOR/FIDYK BIG BAND - "Full Count" - Live at Blues Alley - (Origin)

IDIT SHNER - "Yellow Moon" - Tuesday's Blues - (Origin)

ROY HARGROVE - "To Wisdom The Prize" - Earfood - (Emarcy)

ADAM SHULMAN QUARTET - "78 Proper Resolution" - On Second Thought - (indep)

Hour 2

PHIL KELLY AND THE SW SANTA ANA WINDS - "Zip Code 2005" - My Museum - (Origin)

NIGEL KENNEDY - "Midnight Blue" - Blue Note Sessions - (Blue Note)

TAYLOR EIGSTI - "Timeline" - Let It Come To You - (Concord)

LASZLO GARDONY - "Out On Top" - Dig Deep - (Sunnyside)

ADAM SHULMAN QUARTET - "Bounce" - On Second Thought - (indep)

STEVE MILLION - "The Company You Keep" - Remembering the Way Home - (Origin)

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Half Pay" - Roll With It - (Origin)

Hour 3

CADENCE - "The Dry Cleaner From Des Moines" - Twenty for One - (indep)

GWEN HUGHES - "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" - Instead of Light - (Fairfield)

HOLLY YARBROUGH - "Won't You Be My Neighbor" - Mister Rogers Swings - (Vintage Disc)

RAI RAGLAND - "Lullaby of Birdland" - Raizin - (indep)

SARAH VAUGHAN - "Seasons" - Crazy and Mixed Up - (Pablo)

OSCAR BROWN JR - "Afro Blue" - Sin and Soul - (Sony)

TAKE 6 - "Windmills Of Your Mind" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

DIANNE REEVES - "Social Call" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

RITA EDMOND - "Out of Nowhere" - Sketches of a Dream - (indep)

DAVID SANBORN W/JOSS STONE - "I Believe To My Soul" - Here and Gone - (Decca)

ALISON RUBLE - "Always Something There To Remind Me" - This Is A Bird - (Origin)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH EAST - "The Gift Of Love" - Live at Birdland - (Summit)

Hour 4

JIMMY BRUNO - "Joy Spring" - Solo - (Mel Bay)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "My Shining Hour" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

BRUCE CAMERON - "She Was Too Good To Me" - Blue Comet - (indep)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Woody N'You" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

SHAREL CASSITY - "Wow" - Just For You - (indep)

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "Comrad Conrad" - Return - (Spice Rack)

ITALIAN SAXOPHONE QUARTET - "Passarella from Fellini's 8 1/2" - unknown

CY TOUFF/SANDY MOSSE - "Alone Together" - Tickle Toe - (Delmark)

Hour 5

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY - "Autumn Leaves" - Somethin' Else - (Blue Note)

JOHN BASILE - "That Old Feeling" - It Was a Very Good Year - (unknown)

ELDAR - "Chronicle" - Live At the Blue Note - (Sony)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Sky Dive" - Both Sides of the Fence - (Origin)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Mr Knight" - Coltrane Sings The Blues - (Atlantic)

DEXTER GORDON - "Love For Sale" - Go - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

JIMMY SMITH - "Confirmation" - The Sermon - (Blue Note)

TERENCE BLANCHARD - "Benny's Tune" - Flow - (Blue Note)

BARNEY KESSEL TRIO - "Stella By Starlight" - Concord 30th - (Concord)

ART TAYLOR - "Cookoo and Fungi" - Taylor's Wailers - (Blue Note)

KENNY BURRELL - "Birk's Works" - At the Five Spot Cafe - (Blue Note)

RICHIE COLE AND THE ALTO MADNESS ORCHESTRA - "Speak Low" - Rise's Rose Garden - (Jazz Excursion)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Round Midnight" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM