[JPL] Playlist WCVE Public Radio Tuesday October 14

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Oct 14 21:47:50 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay considration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE Public Radio
23 Sesame Street
Richmon VA 23235
804 560 8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday October 14, 2008

(Elmo Hope) De-Dah – Clifford Brown: The Complete Blue Note and Pacific
Jazz Recordings – Pacific – CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

(Bob Brookmeyer) Open Country – The Gerry Mulligan Quartets in Concert –
Pablo – PACD-5039-2

(Gershwin) Who Cares – The Complete Round about Midnight at the Café
Bohemia – Kenny Dorham – Blue Note – 7243 5 33775 2 6

(Sm Rivers) Cyclic Episode – Fuschia Swing Song – Sam Rivers – Blue Note –
7243 5 90413 2 2

(Dave Brubeck) In Your Own Sweet Way – Dena DeRose Live at Jazz Standard
Volume Two – Maxjazz – MXJ-505

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love – The Cannonball Adderly
Quintet At the Lighthouse – Capitol Jazz – 7243 5 31572 2 7

(Fain, Kahal, Norman) When I Take My Sugar to Tea – Double Standards –
Martin Taylor – P3 Music – CD019

(Frank Loesser) Somebody Somewhere – Why Fight the Feeling? – Rebecca
Kilgore with Dave Frishberg– Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19356

(Frank Loesser, Jimmy McHugh) Say It (Over and Over Again) – Ballads –
John Coltrane – Impulse – GRD-156

8:01 NPR News

(Steve Turre) Para El Commndante – Rainbow People – Steve Turre – High
Note – HCD 7181

(Menendez, Utrerez) Aquellos Ojos Verdes – Bebo Valdes & Javier Colina
Live at the Village Vanguard – Calle 54 Records / Norte -8869 721111  2

(Bud Powell) Burt Covers Bud – The Bud Powell Trio Plays – Bu Powell –
Roulette – CDP 7939022

(Dexter Gordon) Chromatic Abberation – Settin’ the Pace – Dexter Gordon –
Proper – 16

(Dizzy Gillespie) Guarachi Guaro – Dizzy Gillespie: The Complete RCA
Victor Recordings – Bluebird – 07863 66528-2

(Cole Porter) Begin the Beguine / My Heart Belings to Daddy – Self
Portrait – Artie Shaw – Blue Bird – 09026-63808-2

(Irving Berlin) Cheek to Cheek – The Modern Red Norvo – Red Norvo with Tal
Farlow and Charles Mingus – Savoy – SVY 17113

(Corey Christiansen) Kaiya’s Dance – Roll with It – Corey Christiansen –
Origin Records – 82513

(Dave Holland) Modern Times – Pass It on – Dave Holland – EmArcy –
B0011860-02

(Dixon, Warren, Young) You’re My Everything – The Art and Soul of Houston
Person – High Note – HCD 7200

9:01 NPR News

(Jellyroll Morton) Wild Man Blues / (Morton) The Pearls – Birth of the Hot
– Jelly Roll Morton and His Red Hot Peppers – Bluebird – 07863 66641-2

(Jellyroll Morton) Black Bottom Stomp – Red Nichols 1925-1928  - Classics
– 1212

(Harris, Young) Sweet Sue

(Kern, Fields) The Way You Look Tonight – Laughin’ Louie – Louis Armstrong
– Bluebird – 9759-2-RB

(Young, Washington, Crosby) I Don’t Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You –
Movin’ Right Along – Arnett Cobb – Prestige – OJCCD-1074-2

(LeRoy Andersn, Mitchell Parrish) Serenata – Meet the Jazztet  - Art
Farmer / Benny Golson – MCA Records/Chess – CHD-91550

(Victor Feldman, Miles Davis) Joshua – Miles Davis: The Complete 1964
Concert + Four and More – Columbia/Legacy – C2K 48821

(Traditional) Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child – Jesus Saves –
Uros Markovic – CTA-007

(Johnny Mercer, Johnny Mandel) Emily – Quiet Fire – Frank Morgan, Bud
Shank – Contemporary – CCD-14064-2