[JPL] How XM / Sirius merger is affecting jazz programming on satellite radio

mfa - jazz radio promotion & publicity MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 14:54:33 EDT 2008

You know, as David Avery posted, this is really sad -- sounds like yet
another situation where accountants are put in a position to decide
what is valid music and what isn't -- yes, we know it's called the
music BUSINESS but regardless of whether one likes fusion, jam band
music and other styles that fall under the "Beyond Jazz" rubric one
would think that this XM/Sirius merger might eliminate duplication in
programming but not an entire program stream.

Best of luck, Russ.

Mitchell
[JPL] How XM / Sirius merger is affecting jazz programming on
satellite radio

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 12:25:39 EDT 2008
programming on satellite r...
I'll get more in detail when I can but as of now I can tell you all
that my last day (and by all accounts the last day for my modern jazz
channel Beyond Jazz) will be November 5th.

It looks like the smooth jazz and straight ahead channels will stay
intact.

More info to follow...

Russ Davis
VOA/acme satellite radio

at Comcast.net> wrote:

 > Hello Group -
 >
 > Perhaps I missed something already posted but I am wondering if
anyone
 > has any concrete information about what the jazz programming
landscape
 > will look at the merged XM / Sirius entity.
 >
 > I have within the past week heard a couple of troubling things that
 > don't bode well.
 >
 > Thanks for any accurate information anyone can share.,
 >
 > Best,
 >
 > Mitchell
___________________________

mfa - jazz radio promotion, publicity & consulting
...for the international jazz community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
Cell:     (+1) 303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
www.TaintRadio.org

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like
dogs.  There is also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

P please consider the environment before printing this e-mail