[JPL] How XM / Sirius merger is affecting jazz programming onsatellite radio

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Wed Oct 15 18:14:39 EDT 2008

Aloha Russ,

I'm sad to hear this.... your "Beyond Jazz" program was one of my very
favorite music programs on XM.  I will miss it, and, as a subscriber, I
will phone in my complaint that it was taken off the air.  If I had
known this, I wouldn't have re-upped with them.

The light is on, but dimmer,

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues World)
Faculty Advisor
KSJS 90.5 FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane
Gilroy, CA   95020
bstone at science.sjsu.edu
(408) 848-6266

You know, as David Avery posted, this is really sad -- sounds like yet
another situation where accountants are put in a position to decide
what is valid music and what isn't -- yes, we know it's called the
music BUSINESS but regardless of whether one likes fusion, jam band
music and other styles that fall under the "Beyond Jazz" rubric one
would think that this XM/Sirius merger might eliminate duplication in
programming but not an entire program stream.

Best of luck, Russ.

Mitchell

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 12:25:39 EDT 2008