[JPL] Playlist WCVE Public Radio Wednesday October 15

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Oct 15 20:51:03 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Pub;ic Radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday October 15, 2008

(Wynton Kelly) Who Needs It – The Thumper – Jimmy Heath – Riverside –
OJCCD-1828-2

(Harburg, Lane) Old Devil Moon – The Warren Vache-John Allred Quintet –
Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19369

(Rodgers and Hart) My Funny Valentine - Tenderly – Oscar Peterson – Just a
Memory – JAM-9147-2

(Arlen, Harburg) Down with Love – Lea Delaria: The Live Smoke Sessions –
Ghostlight – 8-3312

(Gershwin) Our Love Is Here to Stay – Our Man in Paris – Dexter Gordon –
Blue Note – 7243 5 80914 2 7

(Freddie Hubbard) Far Away – Breaking Point – Freddie Hubbard – Blue Note
– CDP 7 84172 2

(Rodgers and Hart) Bewitched – The Complete Paul Desmond RCA Victor
Recordings Featuring Jim Hall – Bluebird - 09026-68687-2

(Bennie Benjamin, Sol Marcus) I Love Your Lovin’ Ways – Four Women: The
Nina Simone Philips Recorings Disc 3 – 440 065 021-2

(Coltrane) Satellite – Coltrane’s Sound – John Coltrane – Atlntic – 1419-2

8:01 NPR News

(Monk) Misterioso – Sonny Rollins Volume Two – Blue Note – 7243 4 97809 2
7

(Brian Lynch) Guajira Dubois – Simpatico – The Brian Lynch/Eddi Palmieri
Project – Artist Share – AS 0057

(Gallop, Bloom) Maybe You’ll Be There – The Art and Soul of Houston Person
– High Note – HCD 7200

(Ellington) Sweet Jazz o Mine / Shout ‘em Aunt Tillie / Old Man Blues –
The Duke Ellington Centennial Collection: The Complete RCA Victor
Recordings – RCA Victor  - 89026-63386-2

(Arlen, Kohler) Stormy Weather – Stormy Weather – Lena Horne – Bluebird –
9985-2-RB

(Mack Gordon, Harry Warren) There Will Never Be Another You – Coleman
Hawkins: A Retrospective: 1929-1963 – Bluebird – 07863 66617-2

(Mike LeDonne) Hands – Five Live – Mike LeDonne – Savant – SCD 2091