[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 10:49:05 EDT 2008

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259•new york, ny 10003
phone...212 614-0424
email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #967...18-19 October 2008
ART TATUM…this can’t be love (with Lionel Hampton & Buddy Rich)
HERBIE HANCOCK & JONI MITCHELL…river (then & now: definitive herbie hancock)
* Wynton Marsali  Interview
WYNTON MARSALIS…skipping (the magic hour
LIONEL LOUEKE…agbannon blues (karibu)
PATRICIA BARBER…in the still of the night (the cole porter mix)
* Roy Hargrove  Interview
ROY HARGROVE…mr. clean (ear food)
BARNEY KESSELL…’round midnight (the artistry of barney kessel)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #968...18-19 October 2008
RAY BROWN/MARLENA SHAW…at long last love (some of my best friends are singers)
STANTON MOORE…late night at the maple leaf (emphasis on parenthesis)
* Wynton Marsali  Interview
WYNTON MARSALIS…black codes (black codes from the underground)
E.S.T.…tuesday wonderland (tuesday wonderland)
ESPERANZA SPALDING…I know you know (esperanza)
* Roy Hargrove  Interview
ROY HARGROVE…I’m not so sure (earfood)
LAYAYETTE GILCHRIST…between us (soul progressin’)

SHOWS #969-970...25-26 October 2008
Special guest McCoy Tyner…conversation with
McCoy, and music from his new CD “Guitars”
featuring the work of John Scofield, Bill
Frisell, Marc Ribot, Bela Fleck & Derek Trucks.

Russ Davis
Jazz America
Voice of America
jazz-america at voa.gov