[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH Boston 10/17/08

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 18 00:31:12 EDT 2008

Jazz From Studio Four
Friday, Oct 17, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

PLEDGE MODE from 8-10PM (What's New on CD)
Also 2009 N.E.A. JAZZ MASTERS, etc.

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
The Stryker/Slagle Band: Brighter Days, The Scene (Zoho)
Dave Holland: Processional, Pass It On (Decca/Emarcy)

8:25pm
Miles Davis: Blue in Green, Kind of Blue (Columbia)
Keith Jarrett Trio: Four, My Foolish Heart (ECM)

8:47pm
Dena Derose: The Ruby And The Pearl, Live at Jazz Standard Vol.2 (MaxJazz)
John Swana: Chillin', Bright Moments (Criss Cross)

9:06pm
Steve Turre: Forward Vision, Rainbow People (HighNote)
Roy Hargrove: Style, Earfood (Emarcy)
Kenny Barron: Illusion, The Traveler (Sunnyside)

9:33pm
Keith Jarrett Trio: Oleo, My Foolish Heart (ECM)
Bob Mover: Sometime Ago, It Amazes Me (Zoho)

10:00pm
Mike Melvoin ; Kim Park: Speak Low, The Art of Conversation (City Light)
Houston Person; Ron Carter: Lover Come Back to Me,
Just Between Friends (HighNote)
David Murray; Mal Waldron: All Too Soon, Silence (Justin Time)

10:26pm
Generations; featuring Jimmy Cobb (2009 NEA Jazz Master): W.K., Tough Guys
(International Center for The Arts)
Jimmy Cobb's Mob: Delilah, Only For The Pure of Heart (Fable Records)
Jimmy Cobb's Mob: Cobb's Groove, Cobb's Groove (Milestone)

10:53pm
Kelley Johnson: Wouldn't It Be Lovely/Living Room, Home (Sapphire)
Patricia Barber: Get Out of Town, The colePorter Mix (Blue Note)
Rachael Price: You Go to My Head, The Good Hours (Claire Vision)

11:13pm
Toots Thielemans (2009 NEA Jazz Master); Bill Evans: Body and Soul,
Affinity (Warner Brothers)
Toots Thielemans: Scotch On the Rocks, Toots Thielmans 1955-1978 (Columbia)
Toots Thielemans; Kenny Werner: Dolphin Dance,
Toots Thielemans / Kenny Werner (Verve)

11:31pm
Cedar Walton: Hindsight, Seasoned Wood (HighNote)
Hank Jones: Autumn Leaves, LoveforSale/The Great Jazz Trio (Test of Time)

11:46pm
Lee Konitz (2009 NEA Jazz Master): The Nearness of You, Tranquility (Verve)

11:53pm
Lee Konitz: Crazy She Calls Me, Very Cool (Verve)