[JPL] [Fwd: Charles Delaunay Jazz Muscians Portraits Paris 1934]

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Sat Oct 18 16:18:03 EDT 2008

Hi fellow JPLers,

One never knows what's going to come thru the e-mail(see below) and who's
listening out in our audiences. You have to search about a bit to find
them but these (www.nathanare.com) 1934 chalk portraits of American Jazz
Musicians by Charles Delaunay are a real treat. To think that he helped
found the Hot Club de Paris and the Quintette du Hot Club de France with
Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli! Well worth a look, but somehow I
doubt that I can afford them.

Our fall Fund Drive at Vermont Public Radio is going very well with a
marked increase in support for jazz. I got quite a response when I played
a set of Neal Hefti/Basie tunes last night. Good luck to all in their
drives.

Bright Moments,

George

Hello George,

This is Eric Nathan from Manchester. I have a unique and important
collection of Portraits of American Jazz Musicians done by Charles
Delaunay in Paris in 1934. They are coming up at an estate auction in
Manchester on NOV 8, 2008. Most of the large ones can be seen at our web
site www.nathanare.com - see estate auctions nov 8. There are 35 images
total. Please let me know you thoughts on these.
PS: Pinks Alley, our jazz club here in Manchester is still host to  many
fine players each Thursday night. The invitation still stands.
Eric Nathan
VPR Member, Supporter, Listener.
--
Scanned by MailScanner