[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments with Bill Barton 10/20/08 KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 06:35:07 EDT 2008

Bright Moments
with Bill Barton
Monday, October 20, 2008
0000-0200
KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM
www.kbcs.fm

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Blacknuss - Dog Years in the Fourth Ring - 32 Jazz
(N) Ray Brown, Jr. (w/Dr. Lonnie Smith) - Everybody's Cryin' Mercy - Friends
& Family - SRI Jazz
Max Roach - Medley: The Dream/It's Time - Chattahoochee Red - Columbia

(N) The Royal Hartigan Ensemble - A Night in Tunisia - Blood Drum Spirit:
Live in China - Innova
(N) Francisco Mela - Channel 2 - Cirio - Half Note

*Marilyn Crispell - Triptos Part IIa - Complicité - Victo
(N)*Satoko Fujii Trio - A Maze of Alleys - Trace A River - Libra
*Cecil Taylor - James - Complicité - Victo

*Charlie Haden & The Liberation Music Orchestra - Throughout - Not in Our
Name - Verve
(N) Mark Masters Ensemble - Love Is - Farewell Walter Dewey Redman - Capri

*Georg Græwe/Ernst Reijseger/Gerry Hemingway - Dig, Drill, Dump, Fill - The
View from Points West - Music & Arts
(N) Mary Halvorson Trio - Scant Frame (No. 2) - Dragon's Head - Firehouse 12
(N) Shakers 'n Bakers - Scour and Scrub - Yearning for Zion - little i music
(N) (NW) Idit Shner - Elisheva Doll - Tuesday's Blues - OA2

Steve Kuhn & Gary McFarland - St. Tropez Shuffle - The October Suite -
Impulse!

(N) = new release
(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist
* = performing in 2008 Earshot Jazz Festival

P.S. Thanks George and Tom for sharing your memories of Dave McKenna.
Another giant gone...  R.I.P.  Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of
hearing him in live performance but - oh! - those recordings.  Left Handed
Complement on Concord is one of my favorites plus the ones he did with Zoot
Sims.