[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Dave McKenna Memorial

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Oct 20 15:34:58 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Monday, October 20, 2008
Dave McKenna, R.I.P., b. Woonsocket, R.I., 5/30/30; d. State College, PA, 10/18/08, age 78

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081019/NEWS/810190335 Read the Cape Cod Standard Times feature
http://tinyurl.com/6neqyf Read the New York Times obituary
http://www.aahome.com/dave/tribute.html Visit the Dave McKenna tribute site
http://tinyurl.com/6cjc6u Read the Berkshire Fine Arts tribute
http://www.aahome.com/dave/tribute.html# Read Tom Reney's tribute

Dave McKenna, piano, all titles:
8:00 PM Dave McKenna Dancing in the Dark Something to Remember You By Concord Jazz 1985

8:06 PM Dave McKenna Left Handed Complement Indiana Concord Jazz 1979
8:10 PM Dave McKenna A Handful of Stars Stars Fell on Alabama Concord Jazz 1993

8:20 PM Dave McKenna The Piano Scene Splendid Splinter Koch Jazz 1958
8:23 PM Ruby Braff And His New England Songhounds Thousand Islands Concord Jazz 1992
8:28 PM Ernestine Anderson Great Moments I Love Being Here With You Concord Jazz 1987
8:31 PM Dave McKenna Giant Strides If Dreams Come True Concord Jazz 1979

8:40 PM Benny Goodman Yale Archives/Vol. 1 Soft Lights and Sweet Music Music Masters 1955
8:44 PM Ruby Braff & Dave McKenna Complete Quartet Sessions Dancing in the Dark Gambit 1959
8:47 PM Bobby Hackett Capitol Solo Sessions Stompin' at the Savoy Mosaic 1959
8:50 PM Dick Johnson Plays Everything I Love Concord Jazz 1979

9:00 PM Bobby Hackett Live at the Roosevelt Grille/Vol. 2 Things Ain't What They Used to Be Chiaroscuro 1970
9:05 PM Dave McKenna & Joe Temperley Sunbeam and Thundercloud Sunset and the Mockingbird Concord Jazz 1996
9:12 PM Dave McKenna Easy Street Theodore the Thumper Concord Jazz 1995

9:20 PM Buddy DeFranco/Dave McKenna You Must Believe in Swing Autumn Nocturne Concord Jazz 1997
9:24 PM Dave McKenna Left Handed Complement Thanks for the Memory Concord Jazz 1979
9:27 PM Donna Byrne Let's Face the Music & Dance The Lonesome Road Stash 1992
9:30 PM Zoot Sims Down Home Bill Bailey Bethlehem 1960

9:40 PM Hamilton/Hanna/McKenna Major League Cocktails for Two Concord Jazz 1986
9:44 PM Dave McKenna & Joe Venuti Alone at the Palace The World Is Waiting for the Sunrise Chiaroscuro 1977
9:47 PM Dave McKenna & Grey Sargent Live at Maybeck Recital Hall The Sheik of Araby Concord Jazz 1993

10:00 PM Dave McKenna A Handful of Stars Star Kissed Concord Jazz 1993
10:03 PM Dave McKenna & Joe Temperley Sunbeam and Thundercloud Tricotism Concord Jazz 1996
10:07 PM Dave McKenna The Piano Scene of Silk Stockings Koch Jazz 1958
10:10 PM Dave McKenna Featuring Zoot Sims Grooveyard Chiaroscuro 1974

10:18 PM Dave McKenna An Intimate Evening Change Medley Arbors 1999
10:29 PM Dave McKenna & Bobby Gordon Clarinet Blue It's Been So Long Arbors 1999
10:35 PM Ed Bickert Third Floor Richard I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues Concord Jazz 1989
10:41 PM Dave McKenna Solo Piano Blues Chiaroscuro Chiaroscuro 1973

10:45 PM Dave McKenna Live at Maybeck Recital Hall Dream Dancing Concord Jazz 1990
10:53 PM Dave McKenna A Celebration of Hoagy Carmichael Stardust Concord Jazz 1983

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR