[JPL] Playlist WCVE Monday 10-20

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Oct 20 21:58:06 EDT 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday October 20, 2008

(Bebo Valdes) Ritmando El Cha Cha Cha – Bebo Valdes & Javier Colina Live
at the Village Vanguard – Calle 54 Records – 8869 721111  2

Mandinga - Buena Vista Social Club at Carnegia Hall – Nonesuch –

(Charlie Parker) Moose the Mooch – Trio Talk – Lafayette Harris Jr. –
Airmen Records

(Sonny Rollins) Sonnymoon for Two – Sonny Rollins: A Night at the Village
Vanguard – Sonny Rollins – Blue Note – 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Clifford Brown) Daahoud – Alone Together: The Best of the Mercury Years –
Mercury/Verve – 314 826 373-2

8:01 NPR News

(Ellington) Cottontail / Never No Lament / A Portrait of Bert Williams –
Duke Ellington: The Blanton Webster Band – Bluebird – 5659-2-RB

(Mingus) Better Git It in Your Soul – Mingus Ah Um – Columbia – CK 40648

(Styne, Van Heusen) Come Dance with Me – Joey D! – Joey Defrancesco – High
Note – HCD 7190

(Oscar Peterson) Squeaky’s Blues  - Oscar Peterson Trio Plus One -

(Robin, Whiting) I Can’t Escape from You – Dena DeRose Live at Jazz
Standard Volume Two – Maxjazz – 505

Blues in B-Flat – Emil Stern Sextet - Radio Transcription Disc

9:01 NPR News

(Bernier, Brainin) The Night Has a Thousand Eyes – Coltrane’s Sound – John
Coltrane – Atlantic Jazz – 1419-2

(Robin, Whiting) I Can’t Escape from you – Dena DeRose Live at Jazz
Standard Volume Two – Maxjazz – MXJ 505

(Amina Figarova) Blue Wonder – Above the Clouds – Amina Figarova - Munich
Records – BMCD 503

(Dixon, Warren, Young) You’re My Everything – The Art and Soul of Houston
Person – High Note – HCD 7200

(Mellin, Wood) My One and Only Love – Jubilation – The Warren Vache-John
Allred Quintet Live in Bern, Switzerland at Marion’s Jazzroom – Arbors –
ARCD 19369

(Warren, Dubin) I Only Have Eyes for You – The Best of Eddie Lockjaw Davis
– Prestige – PRCD-5718-2

(Martino, Brighetti) Estate – Double Standards – Martin Taylor – P3 Music
– P3MCD019

(Traditionl) Dear Old Stockholm – Miles Davis Volume 1 – Blue Note – 7243
5 32610 2 3