[JPL] Fall pledge drive progress?

TomtheJazzman tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:50:34 EDT 2008

I have already answered Shaunna off-line but Jae you raise a good point
about thank you gifts.  I have noticed less and less interest in the
thank you gifts and greater emphasis on pledging because of the
programming.  In view of this I have started having a drawing each hour
for a CD-Jazz Six Pack which has created lots of interest.  The sooner
you pledge the more times your name gets in consideration for the
drawing.  I have had winners at the $25 level and also at the $250 level
and it seems to help attract first time pledges.  Once I reach a goal I
stop talking about goals and emphasize support for the programming you
enjoy...not just JAZZ but all programs.  When they are listening is it
always convenient to pledge even if their favorite program is not on at
that moment.

Our drive was during the economic turbulence and the congressional votes
on the bailout so we took a real hit on advanced mail in pledges, but
not quite as bad for the on-air portion of the campaign.
Best of luck to everyone in their drives.
ALOHA
Tom