[JPL] Fall pledge drive progress?

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 13:09:38 EDT 2008

Tom, I too have had drawings but as I have been told and as I understand by law...if we are having a drawing...we have to let them know that don't HAVE to pledge to have their name entered for a drawing...on air. At least that's the way it is here. Just saying if you pledge you can be entered into the drawing is illegal for non-commercial criteria. I'm not sure if it's just a Virginia rule but I don't think so. When I have a drawing I have to say.."By law you don't have to pledge to enter" but then I throw that guilt thing in...somewhat playfully..."but come on...it's a fundraiser." Did you know that? Not sure if it's that way there but it's something that a lot of us here didn't know until we were told by officials several years back now.

Jae Sinnett