[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Wed 10-22

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Oct 22 21:51:33 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM. Please direct cd's fr airplay
consideration to the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday October 22 2008

(Jimmy Heath) Two Tees – The Thumper – Jimmy Heath – Riverside –
OJCCD-1828-2

(Jobim, de Moraes) Omorro Nao Tem Vez – Obsesion – David Sanchez –
Columbia – CK 69116

(Rodrigue, Fiffe) Bilongo – Bebo Valdes & Javier Colina Live at the
Village Vanguard – Calle 54 Records

Take Me out to the Ballgame – Joey D! – Joey Defrancesco – High Note – HCD
7190

(Harburg, Lane) Old Devil Moon – The Warren Vache-John Allred Quintet Live
in Bern Switzerland at Marian’s Jazzroom: Jubilation – Arbors Jazz – ARCD
19369

(Loesser, McHugh) Let’s Get Lost - Let’s Get Lost – Chet Baker –
Capitol/Pacific Jazz – CDP 7 92932 2

8:01 NPR News

(Donaldson, Kahn) My Buddy - Let’s Get Lost – Chet Baker – Capitol/Pacific
Jazz – CDP 7 92932 2

(Colin Dawson) The Clown Prince – 4 Jokers in the Pack - Echoes of Swing –
EOSP 4505 2

(Mingus) Hog Callin’ Blues – Oh Yeah – Charles Mingus – Atlantic Jazz – 7
90667-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Blue Moon – The Art & Soul of Houston Person – High
Note – HCD 7200

(Kern, Hammerstein) The Song Is You – The Dave Brubeck Quartet On the
Radio: Live 1956-57 – Acrobat - AMACD

(Bernstein, Sondheim) Officer Krupke / Taunting Scene (The Rumble) – Stan
Kenton’s West Side Story – Capitol Jazz – CDP 7243 8 29914 2 7

(Theard) I’ll Be Glad When You’re Dead You Rascal You – Louis Armstrong
1950-1951 – Classics 1233

9:01 NPR News

(Monk) Monk’s Mood – Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at
Carnegie Hall – Blue Note – 0946 5 35173 2 5

(Herbie Hancock) Driftin’ – Takin’ off – Herbie Hancock – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 37643 2 7

(Frogas, Baker, Gasparre) I Hear a Rhapsody – Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers – Impulse – IMPD-175

(Arlen, Mercer) Come Rain or Come Shine – Lea DeLaria: The Live Smoke
Sessions – Ghostlight Records – 8-3312

(Robins, Ranger) If I Should Lose You – Soul Station – Hank Mobley – Blue
Note – CDP 7 46528 2

(Tim Armacost) Hop Blues – Spaces in Time – Bill Moring – Owl Records –
00122

(Art Farmer) Little Blues – Panorama – Jim Hall – Telarc Jazz – CD-83408