[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM,1017/08

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:18:21 EDT 2008

Back on the air after two weeks due to illness - one week to take care of
me, the other week to take care of my wife. There's been a respiratory
"thing" (no one quite knows exactly what it is, or so it would seem) going
around campus that is VERY nasty!
Three tracks in particular caught listeners' attention - Chip Taylor's
nostalgic piece incorporating historic speeches caught many ears.
Traditional Irish musicans Ben Lennon and Tony O'Connell delighted others,
while a verbal donnybrook erupted over Howie Newman's song about Johnny
Damon's departure from the Red Sox (this is, after all, Yankees country).
Not a recent event, to be sure, but the song is still topical, it seems. To
the list:

Altered Laws - Pablo - Metaphora

All India Radio - Let Me Remain - Fall

Anne Phillips - Late Late Show - Ballet Time

Chip Taylor - Black and Blue America - New Songs of Freedom

Jeff Talmadge - Wild and Precious Thing - Ein Abend unter Freuden

Chick Willis - Trouble Tree - The Don of the Blues

Te Vaka - Lua Afe - Ki Mua

Kasey Anderson - Buddy Bolden's Blues - The Reckoning

Ben Lennon & Tony O'Connell - Hornpipes: Murphy's/The Smoky Chimney -
Rossinver Braes

Howie Newman - Why Did You Go, Johnny Damon? - Baseball's Greatest Hits,
Volume 2

Professor Louie & the Crowmatix - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down -
Spirit of Woodstock

Conspirare - O'Regan: Come Charminge Sleepe - Tarik O'Regan: Threshold of
Light

Holly Yarbrough - I Like To be Told - Mister Rogers Swings

Stuart Markus - The Moderate - Welcome to Sunny Nassau (County, Long Island)

Hayburners - The Gold Digger's Wife - The Hayburners

Willie "The Lion" Smith & Don Ewell - I Found a New Baby - Stride Piano
Duets

Brian Allossery and the Lazy Poets - Crystal Ball - Everybody All Together

Billie Holiday - Announcer Introduction/I'll Get By - Rare Live Recordings,
1934-1959

Anat Cohen - A Change Is Gonna Come - Notes from the Village

Roy Orbison (with Emmylou Harris) - That Lovin' You Feelin' Again - The Best
of the Soul of Rock and Roll

Tammerlin - The Last Dance - No Small Thing

Bolot, featuring Top FX - Shaman - Together with the Sunbeams

Buika - La Nina de Fuego - Nina de Fuego

Tony Blazonczyk's New Phaze - Lipka - Phase One: Complete

Carol Elizabeth Jones - Coal Tattoo - Cataloochee

Garaj Mahal - Pundit-Ji - Woot

* *<http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=25547354&blogID=443062340&Mytoken=589D3AA0-C3A1-4EA6-91DAAFDC80944EA0245924422>
--
Tom Bingham