[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM 10-24

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Oct 24 21:51:42 EDT 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday October 24, 2008

(Billy Page) The In Crowd – The Ramsey Lewis Trio In Person 1960-1967 –
Chess – GRD2-814

(Kenny Burrell) Chitlins Con Carne – Midnight Blue – Kenny Burrell – Blue
Note – 7243 4 95335 2 3

(Joe Magnarelli) D Train Boogaloo – Persistence – Joe Magnarelli –
Reservoir – RSR CD 194

(Valdes) Ritmando El Cha Cha Cha – Bebo Valdes & Javier Colina Live at the
Village Vanguard – Norte – 8869 721111 2

(Billy Eckstine, Jerry Valentine) Second Balcony Jump – Go! – Dexter
Gordon – Blue Note – 7243 4 98794 4

8:01 NPR News

(Williams, Palmer) I Found a New Baby – Willie the Lion Smith & Don Ewell:
Stride Piano Duets – Delmark – DE 249

(Herbie Miles) Hep Cat’s Holiday – We Cats Will Swing for You - The Cats
and the Fiddle – Living Era – CD AJA 5475
(Ellington) Rockin’ in Rhythm – Ellington: 1927-1934 – Hermes – HRM 6001

(Mingus) Jump Monk – Mingus at the Bohemia – Charles Mingus – Debut –
OJCCD-045-2

(Brubeck) In Your Own Sweet Way – On the Radio: Live 1956-1957 – Dave
Brubeck Quartet - Acrobat – AMACD 015

(Valdes) Con Poco Coco - Bebo Valdes & Javier Colina Live at the Village
Vanguard – Norte – 8869 721111 2

(Henderson, Palmer) TNT – The Fletcher Henderson Story – Fletcher
Henderson – Columbia/Legacy – C3K 57396

9:01 NPR News

(John Coltrane) Dahomey Dance - Ole Coltrane – John Coltrane – Atlantic
Jazz – 1373-2

(Ray Noble) I Hadn’t Anyone Till You – Solo Monk – Thelonious Monk –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 47854

(Klenner, Lewis) Just Friends – Double Standards – Martin Taylor – P3
Music – P3MCD019

(Jerry Lloyd) Down Home – Jutta Hipp – Jutta Hipp with Zoot Sims – Blue
Note – 0946 3 93178 2 0

(Burke, Webster) Black Coffee – Linger Awhile – Sarah Vaughan – Pablo –
PACD-2312-144-2

(Waller) Smashing Thirds – Fats Waller – Bluebird/Legacy – 82876 83267 2

(Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin) I Can’t Get Started – Butch Thompson and Doc
Cheatam – Daring Records – CD 3012

(Kaper, Washington) On Green Dolphin Street – A Night in the Life – Frank
Morgan – High Note – HCD 7164