[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH BOSTON 10/24, 2008

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 25 00:18:57 EDT 2008

Friday, Oct 24, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
SOME HEATH BARS: CELEBRATING JIMMY HEATH @ 82(b. 10/25/1926)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Jimmy Heath: The Quota, You Or Me (Steeplechase)
Jimmy Heath: Two Friends, Little Man, Big Band (Verve)

8:22pm
Jimmy Heath: The Voice of The Saxophone, The Time and The Place (Landmark)
Howard McGhee; featuring Jimmy Heath: Denise; Prelude to Nicole,
Jazz in Paris: Bebop (Universal Emarcy)
Jimmy Heath: Lowland Lullaby, The Quota (Riverside)

8:47pm
Chet Baker: Tenderly (arr. Jimmy Heath), Big Band (Pacific Jazz)
The Harper Brothers; Ernie Andrews: Since I Fell for You (arr. Jimmy Heath),
You Can Hide Inside the Music (Verve)
Sonny Rollins: Darn That Dream (arr. Jimmy Heath), Old Flames (Milestone)

9:09pm
Jimmy Heath: Body and Soul, Picture of Heath (Prevue)
Jimmy Heath: In A Sentimental Mood, Love and Understanding (Xanadu)
J.J. Johnson; featuring Jimmy Heath: Capri, The Eminent, Volume One

9:32pm
T.S.Monk; featuring Jimmy Heath: Bright Mississippi,
Monk on Monk (N2K Music)
Dizzy Gillespie Alumni All-Star Big Band; featuring Jimmy Heath:
Whisper Not, Things to Come (MCG Jazz)

9:48pm
Jimmy Heath; D. Waltz: Swamp Seed, Riverside

10:00pm
Nat Adderley; featuring Jimmy Heath: Chordnation (comp and arr Jimmy Heath),
That's Right! (Riverside)
Quartette Indigo: Naima (arr. Jimmy Heath, Quartette Indigo (32 Jazz)
Sam Jones; featuring Jimmy Heath: All Members (comp & arr Jimmy Heath),
The Soul Society (Riverside)

10:23pm
Art Farmer: featuring Jimmy Heath: Like Someone in Love;
Ellington's StrayHorn,
Live at The DeCordova Museum, Lincoln, MA. 7/21/19991 (ONLY ON 89.7)

10:47pm
The Heath Brothers: Nostalgia, As We Were Saying (Concord)
Howard McGhee; featuring Jimmy Heath: Short Life; Down home, The Complete
Savoy and Dial Masters (Definitive Records)
Miles Davis; featuring Jimmy Heath: C.T.A., Miles Davis Volume 2 (Blue Note)

11:07pm
Jimmy Heath: You've Changed, You've Changed (Steeplechase)
The Jimmy Heath Big Band: Gemini, Turn Up The Heath (Planet Arts)
Jimmy Heath: I Should Care, On The Trail (Riverside)

11:34pm
Freddie Hubbaard; featuring Jimmy Heath: Hub Cap, Hub Cap (Blue Note)
Diego Urcola; featuring Jimmy Heath: Blues For Jimmy, Viva (CAM Jazz)
Kenny Dorham; featuring Jimmy Heath: Nobody Else But Me,
Showboat (Bainbridge)

11:52pm
Jimmy Heath: Without You, No Me, Little Man, Big Band (Verve)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.