[JPL] PLAYLIST, "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 10/24/08

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 14:02:27 EDT 2008

Two tracks elicited the most attention today. The opener, by Avery Sharpe,
features a SUNY Fredonia alumnus, Onaje Allan Gumbs, on piano. That fact
alone caught people's attention, more so than any other Gumbs-featured piece
I've played to date. But it's a first-rate performance all around, and would
doubtless attract attention anyway. The other listener favorite was a
hard-driver by blues woman Liz Mandeville. To the list:

Avery Sharpe - Fly With The Wind - Legends & Mentors

Susan Kane - Nothing At All - Highway Bouquet

Mae Robertson - Little Sparrow - Meet the Sun Halfway

Trio Caliente - Baila Me - Baila Me

Liz Mandeville - Corner Bar Blues - Red Top

Amos Garrett - Never Say Never - Get Way Back: a Tribute To Percy Mayfield

Luciano - For I - Jah Is My Navigator

Grand Valley State University New Music Ensemble - Section II - Steve Reich:
Music For 18 Musicians

Brooks Williams - Everywhere - The Time I Spend With You

Alison Ruble - Skylark - This Is a Bird

Mary Kathleen Burke - James - A Song In Her Heart

The Mountain Firework Company - Love Is a Rose - Samurai

Louise Rogers - Shadows of Yesterday - Come Ready and See Me

Randy Casey - You're My Favorite - Late Bloomer

Greg Greenway - Sick and Tired - Standing on the Side of Love

Dave Ruch  - The Ballad of Blue Mountain Lake - The Oldest Was Born First

Matt Jorgenson + 451 - Sweetpea - Another Morning

Tremoloco - Abuela's Lament - Dulcinea

Jack Williams - Give It To the Rich Man - Eternity & Main

Bob James Trio - Untitled Mixes - Explosions

G. John Martin - Hey Pretty Girl - Black Ice

John Sprung - Social Insecurity - Side Effects

Jerry Leake - Spring Is Here - Vibrance: Jazz Vibes & World Percussion

Phil Minissale - Home To Me - Home To Me

The Bloggrass Boys - The Emperor Has No Clothes - The Bloggrass Boys

Chet Baker - We'll Be Together Again - Chet in Chicago

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"