[JPL] The Jazz Session #48: Marcin Wasilewski

Jason Crane|The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Mon Oct 27 08:29:58 EDT 2008

Hello friends,

For weeks now, I've been giving away CDs. This week, I'm giving away
concert tickets! To enter, visit http://thejazzsession.com. The
instructions for the contest are in the description of this week's
show (#48).

COMING UP ON THE JAZZ SESSION: McCoy Tyner, Marilyn Crispell, Jack
DeJohnette, Henry Grimes, Brian Blade, David Sanborn, Erin Bode, Lee
Shaw, Kate McGarry, Stevie Holland, The Wee Trio, Barbara
Dennerlein ... and many more!

Here's the detailed update for this week:

*** NEW EPISODE! ***

THE JAZZ SESSION #48: MARCIN WASILEWSKI. Jason Crane interviews
Polish pianist and composer Marcin Wasilewski. His new recording,
January (ECM, 2008), features his own compositions alongside those of
Gary Peacock, Carla Bley, Ennio Moricone and … Prince. Wasilewski’s
trio is very much a part of the new European piano trio renaissance,
featuring inventive material played democratically.

CONTEST! The Marcin Wasilewski Trio starts a U.S. tour on November 1
in Seattle, with stops in San Francisco, LA, Chicago, Milwaukee,
Philadelphia, Baltimore and Columbus. I’ve got two tickets to
Marcin’s show at the Jazz Bakery in LA on Monday, November 3. Visit
http://thejazzsession.com to enter!

LISTEN:

1. Visit <http://thejazzsession.com> and use the easy built-in player

2. If you use iTunes, clicking on the following link will open
iTunes, subscribe you to the show, and download the most recent
episode. This really helps the show grow, so please use this method
if you can:
<itpc://thejazzsession.com/?feed=rss2&category_name=podcast>

See you on the scene,

Jason

--
Jason Crane
Host/Producer

E-MAIL: jason at thejazzsession.com
WEB: http://thejazzsession.com

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
-- Bertrand Russell