[JPL] Fundraising

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 15:04:47 EDT 2008

Yesterday on my four hour Sunday jazz show we raised an astonishing $27,000!!! Broke every record for a locally produced program for our stations. I'm still stunned. Several have asked what I did differently...my answer is I don't know. Nothing really. Out of all the folks that called in only nine wanted a CD. Most overwhelmingly pledged just for the program. This trend continues from the last two drives. The past four weeknight programs ended with about a $5,000 lost for the week. Just when you think you've figured out how all of this works...something crazy happens and you're right back to point zero. Last Sunday's show raised $17,000. Of course we made up the weeks losses but what makes it work and not is beyond me. It continues this week. I hope other stations are having much success with their drives.

Jae Sinnett