[JPL] featuring CDs

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 13:16:33 EDT 2008

Eric Hines wrote:

> Huh. That's interesting (and a whole lot more reasonable). I've seen
> legal opinions, though, that say broadcast stations have to comply with
> the restrictions.

The rules also deal with forward promotion. If what you said is true,
Eric, my guess is that some stations may be in violation of that part of
the law. I don't recall exactly what the restrictions are on forward
promotion but if anyone is really concerned about compliance they should
make sure they are aware of the rules regarding forward promotion.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston
www.wgbh.org/jazz