[JPL] Jimmy Cleveland obit?

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 07:12:53 EDT 2008

A few more favorite Jimmy Cleveland solos:

If You Could See Me Now (from Gil Evans & 10)
Las Vegas Tango (The Individualism of Gil Evans)
The Kerry Dancer (Gigi Gryce: Nica's Tempo)
NR #2 (Lucky Thompson: Tricotism)

I also like the 1955 recordings that Doug referred to, reissued as "Introducing Jimmy Cleveland"

Larry