[JPL] Playlist - The Sounds of Jazz - KRFC, 88.9fm - 9/2/2008

eflash17 at comcast.net eflash17 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 13:43:04 EDT 2008

"The Sounds of Jazz"
Host:  Eric "Flash" Flashner
Tuesdays, 10am-Noon
88.9 FM KRFC - Fort Collins, CO
www.krfcfm.org

9/2/2008

{Artist - Track - Album - Label}

1st Hour:

JIMMY MCGRIFF- GROOVE GREASE - GROOVE GREASE - GROOVE MERCHANT (Theme)

CORY WEEDS QUARTET - FOR FATHEAD - BIG WEEDS - CELLAR LIVE*

ORNETTE COLEMAN - TURNAROUND - SOUND GRAMMAR - SOUND GRAMMAR

JAMES CARTER - RAPID SHAVE - PRESENT TENSE - EMARCY*

JOEL FRAHM - BOB'S BLUES - WE USED TO DANCE - ANZIC*

KEITH OXMAN - COMRADE R.J. - CAUGHT BETWEEN THE LIONS AND THE TWINS - CAPRI*

CLARK TERRY QUINTET - BOOMERANG - SERENADE TO A BUS SEAT - RIVERSIDE

JEFF BARONE - TOYS - OPEN UP - JAZZED MEDIA*

LARRY VUCKOVICH TRIO - VIEW FROM TELEGRAPH HILL - HIGH WALL - TETRACHORD*

2nd Hour:

ROY HARGROVE - I'M NOT SO SURE - EARFOOD - UNIVERSAL JAZZ*

GRACHAN MONCUR III - THE TWINS - SOME OTHER STUFF - BLUE NOTE

HOT CLUB OF DETROIT - DJANGO'S MONKEY - NIGHT TOWN - MACK AVE*

JOEL STEIN - LINE DRIVE - ENCOUNTER POINT - WHALING CITY SOUND*

BILL FRISELL - WALTZ FOR BALTIMORE - HISTORY, MYSTERY - NONESUCH*

BOOKER LITTLE - HAZY BLUES - OUT FRONT - CANDID

THELONIOUS MONK - I SHOULD CARE - MONK ALONE - COLUMBIA

JOHN ELLIS & DOUBLEWIDE - ALL UP IN THE AISLES - DANCE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW - HYENA*

* = New Releases 2007 & 2008