[JPL] KUVO and WWOZ Highlights from "America Swings, from the Bayou to the Rockies."

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Sep 3 16:29:00 EDT 2008

>From our homepage  www.kuvo.org  where pictures of some of the events are
posted

KUVO and WWOZ Highlights from "America Swings, from the Bayou to the
Rockies."

What an exciting week with the DNC in Denver and WWOZ partnering with KUVO
to broadcast "America Swings, from the Bayou to the Rockies." Our journey
began on Sunday, August 24th at the Fillmore Auditorium with a 5 hour live
broadcast hosted by the Friends of New Orleans. The evening featured music
by Tab Benoit and the Wetlands All-Stars, Allen Toussaint, Marcia Ball,
Henry Butler, Irma Thomas, Marva Wright, Big Chief Boudreaux, Donald
Harrison Jr. and many others. On Monday, August 25th, Dazzle Restaurant and
Lounge hosted a fundraiser for KUVO and WWOZ. This swingin' jam session
featured Jeff Jenkins, Malcom Lynn Baker, David Amram, Henry Butler, Bill
Copper, Wendy Fopeano and many other special guests throughout the evening.
Donald Harrison Jr. ended the night with his talented group of students who
had the crowd crying out for more!

On Tuesday, August 26th at the "After Five Jazz and Blues Festival 2008,"
WWOZ and KUVO presented a live broadcast from Downtown Denver's Historic
Five Points District. Featuring Poncho Sanchez and Arturo Sandoval. The
bands had everyone dancing in the street. It was a sizzling night of Latin
Jazz in front of an enthusiastic crowd.

Wednesday, August 27th, we concluded our live broadcasts with an outstanding
performance at Dazzle Restaurant and Lounge. "Two Skirts and a Shirt,"
featured vocalists Allan Harris, René Marie and Carla Cook backed by Jeff
Jenkins on piano, Mark Simon-bass and Paul Romaine-drums. The evening was
spectacular and everyone agreed that the dynamic trio should record a CD
together.

Thank you to the engineering staff at KUVO and WWOZ and to our sponsors: The
Ablaze Group - www.ablazegroup.com, the Playboy Jazz Cruise -
www.playboyjazzcruise.com,  Fort Collins Lincoln Center -
www.ci.fort-collins.co.us/lctix/ , Dazzle Restaurant and Lounge -
www.dazzlejazz.com and the Friends of New Orleans -