[JPL] WWOZ Misses OB Jazz

Claudia Russell crussell at sdccd.edu
Fri Sep 5 16:42:31 EDT 2008

Well, we're sad to report our pals from WWOZ will not be broadcasting from
the 4th Annual Jazz 88 Ocean Beach Jazz Festival.  Dwayne and the gang have
been a fixture since we launched the festival and we'll miss them for sure.
I talked with Dwayne today, he's in Nashville, but in good spirits and hoping
to be home by the weekend.  His grandmother is also doing well!  The station
is streaming online.

Hopefully, we'll be able to welcome the OZ crowd back for next year's event,
which is already shaping up!

More info on what we're up to: www.objazz.org.

Peace,
Claudia