[JPL] PLAYLIST: :"General Eclectic", WCVF-FM. 9/5/08; Blues Festival Weekend

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:18:28 EDT 2008

This is Red White & Blues Festival weekend in Fredonia, headlined by a free
outdoor concert by the Sauce Boss, with a number of local and regional acts
playing elsewhere around town tonight and Saturday. Thus, the entire second
hour of today's show is devoted to blues, along with a taste or two of  r&b,
blues-rock, and blues-rooted jazz. In other words, music of the sort to be
heard in Fredonia during my favorite weekend of the year. To the list:

HOUR 1:
Patrick Bloom - Million Miles Away - Moses

Mista Majah P - Yes We Can (Obama Song) - single

Quartet San Francisco - Spain - Whirled Chamber Music

ReDuX:RMx - Two Moods - ReDuX:RMX five-song sampler

E-Dee - Revolution (featuring Irie Love) - radio sampler EP

Mary Fettig - Baixixe - Brazilian Footprints

Bob Gibson - Billy Come Home (duet with Hamilton Camp) - The Living Legend

Gayle Besesi/The Gb Jazz project - I Am Grateful - Child Eyes

Dafnis Prieto Sextet - En Las Ruinas de Su Infancia - Taking the Soul For A
Walk

Tom Bolton - Silver - When I Cross the River

Ahn Trio - Oblivion - Lullaby For My Favorite Insomniac

Lene Ribeau - Put Out the Fire - Jazz Handle

Robert Marr - She's Gone - Songwriters Anonymous (various artists)

HOUR 2 (blues hour):
Sauce Boss - I Bait My Hook By the Light of the Moon - Raw

Mac Arnold & Plate Full of Blues - I Refuse - Backbones and Gristle

Moreland & Arbuckle - Fishin' Hole - 1861

Byther Smith - Give Up My Life For You - Blues on the Moon

Hillstomp - Coal Black Mattie - Firewater! (various)

Katherine Davis with Brother John Kattke - Stockyard Blues - Folksongs of
Illinois 3 (various)

Gas House Gorillas - Memories of You - Five Gorillas Walk Into a Bar . . .

Travis "Moonchild" Haddix - Word a Lie - Daylight at Midnight

Lil' Cliff & the Cliffhangers - Cuttin' In - God Bless Women

Kelly's Lot - Drive - The Light

Jimmy Witherspoon with the Chris Barber Jazz Band - Chris Barber Introduces
Jimmy Witherspoon/Times Getting Tougher Than Tough - The Blues Legacy: Lost
& Found, Vol. 3 (various)

Ed Maly - Barefootin' - Best Kept Secrets

Organissimo - Third Right on the Left - Groovadelphia

Johnny Nicholas - Froggy Bottom - Livin' With the Blues 2005

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"