[JPL] Vinyl Side Of Midnight Set List - Recent Recordings 89.7FM WLNZ

MICHAEL P STRATTON dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 7 13:00:15 EDT 2008

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in internationally on the web on www.wlnz.org  - hosted by Mike Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time
Feel free to forward this to friends.
If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply contact me at dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
You can use that same address for promotional information.
For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com

9/7/08

This week, local heroes, new stuff, female singers, and avante garde (late).

Set List:

Derrick Gardner and the Jazz Prophets - Funky Straight; A RIDE TO THE OTHER SIDE; Owl Studios
organissimo - Senor Buffet; GROOVADELPHIA; Big O Records
Rick Roe - Moment’s Notice; MINOR SHUFFLE; Unknown Records

Jeff Haas - Veird Valse; RHYTHM OF LIFE; Second Street Music
Megan Birdsall - The Moon’s A Harsh Mistress; LITTLE JAZZ BIRD; Megan Birdsall
Saxophone Summit; Our Daily Bread; SERAPHIC LIGHT; Telarc

Kate Reid - I Thought About You; SENTIMENTAL MOOD; Kate Reid Music
Esperanza Spalding - Ponta de Areia; ESPERANZA; Heads Up
Conrad Herwig - Tom Thumb; THE LATIN SIDE OF WAYNE SHORTER; Half Note

Diego Rivera Quartet - Boogaloo To You; HERCULES; Rivera Records
Madeline Eastman - Make Someone Happy; CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Mad-Kat
Kenny Garrett - Wayne’s Thang; SKETCHES OF MD; Mack Avenue

Leslie Lewis - How Deep Is The Ocean? OF TWO MINDS; Surf Cove
Aaron Parks - Nemesis; INVISIBLE CINEMA; Blue Note
Vijay Iyer - Aftermath; TRAGICOMIC; Sunnyside

Connie Evingson - My Attorney Bernie; LITTLE DID I DREAM; Minnehaha Music
Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band - Return Of The Prodigal Son; SEASON OF CHANGES; Verve
Die Enttauschung - Oben Mit; DIE ENTTAUSCHUNG; Intakt

Joris Teepe’s Groningen Art Ensemble - Father Time; JAZZ IN JAZZ OUT; Planet Arts
Corey Wilkes - Touch; DROP IT; Delmark
Garaj Mahal - Hotel; wOOt; Owl Studios

William Parker - Morning Mantra; DOUBLE SUNRISE OVER NEPTUNE; Aum
Various Artists - Blue In Green; MILES FROM INDIA; Times Square