[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sept 6,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 7 15:30:29 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 6,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 6, 2008

Hour 1

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Awakening" - Awakening - (Mel Bay)

JOHN STEIN - "Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)

GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND - "Cut N'Run" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "Ain't Nothin New" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

SHIRANTHA BEDDAGE - "Le Petit Grenoille" - Roots and Branches - (indep)

CY TOUFF/SANDY MOSSE - "Allen's Alley" - Tickle Toe - (Delmark)

DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET - "St Louis Blues" - 25th Anniversary Reunion - (A&M)
MONTY ALEXANDER - "Slappin" - Live At the Iridium - (Telarc)

Hour 2

ART TAYLOR - "Cuckoo and Fungi" - A.T.s Delight - (Blue Note)

TROY ANDREWS - "Summertime" - The End of the Beginning - (Treme)

TAL FARLOW QUARTET - "You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To" - Concord 30th Anniversary - (Concord)

CHARLES FAMBROUGH - "Fool's Play" - Live at Zanzibar Blue - (Random Chance)

DAVID SANBORN w/ERIC CLAPTON - "I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town" - Here and Gone - (Decca)

SQUAT - "Bert's Song" - Squat - (indep)

HORACE SILVER - "Song For My Father" - Song For My Father - (Blue Note)

RAY BROWN TRIO W/BRUCE FORMAN - "Blues for Wes" - Some Of My Best Friends are Guitarists - (Telarc)

ALVIN BATISTE - "Bumps" - Marsalis Music Presents Alvin Batiste - (Rounder)

Hour 3

RITA EDMOND - "Day By Day" - Sketches of a Dream - (indep)

RITA EDMOND - "All the Way" - Sketches of a Dream - (indep)

RITA EDMOND - "Star Eyes" - Sketches of a Dream - (indep)

RITA EDMOND - "On the Street Where You Live" - Sketches of a Dream - (indep)

ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM W/FRANK SINATRA - "Meditation" - self titled - (Reprise)

STACEY KENT - "Hard Hearted Hannah" - Breakfast On the Morning Train - (Blue Note)

JIM MALLOY - "Estate" - Jazz Vocalist - (indep)

ANNE PHILLIPS - "I Was Doing All Right" - Ballet Time - (indep)

TIERNEY SUTTON - "Old Devil Moon" - Blue In Green - (Telarc)

STEVE TYRELL - "This Guy's In Love With You" - This Guy's In Love - (Sony)

DIANNE REEVES - "Oh Lady Be Good" - We All Love Ella - (Verve)

GAIL PETTIS - "Black Coffee" - May I Come In - (Origin)

Hour 4

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA WEST - "The Minute Game" - The Minute Game - (Summit)

TAYLOR/FIDYK BIG BAND - "Boptitude Test" - A Perfect Match - (indep)

B.B.KING - "Sweet Little Angel" - Live at the Regal - (MCA)

IRVIN MAYFIELD/ELLIS MARSALIS - "My One and Only Love" - Love Songs Ballads and Standards - (Basin Street)

MICHAEL'S JAZZ QUARTET - "Three Halves" - Woody n' Me - (indep)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Turnabout" - Spot - (Origin)

DAN BARASZU - "Ain't Messin Around" - Nightfall - (Blue Canoe)

GEORGE COTSIRILOUS TRIO - "Kokomo" - On the Rebop - (Origin)

MINGUS BIG BAND - "Sweet Sucker Dance" - Tonight at Noon - (Dreyfus)

Hour 5

CLIFFORD JORDAN/JOHN GILMORE - "Status Quo" - Blowin In From Chicago - (Blue Note)

DOUG MILLER - "No Jazz" - Regeneration - (Origin)

MARIA SCHNEIDER ORCH - "Sky Blue" - Sky Blue - (ArtistShare)

SCENES - "Haiku" - Along the Way - (Origin)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "Short Story" - Folk Music - (Origin)

MICHAEL DEASE - "Lament" - Dease Bones - (Astrix)

BILL PROUTEN - "Beyond the Stars" - Low Down No Good - (indep)

MAX AND SI PERKOFF - "Blues for Philly Jose" - Amazing Space - (indep)

JIM PEARCE - "This Daily Mystery" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

Hour 6

TED KOOSHIAN - "Concentricity" - Clockwork - (indep)

CHRIS STEWART - "Hi Fly" - Phoenix - (indep)

BEEGIE ADAIR - "From This Moment On" - Dream Dancing - (Hillsboro)

GRACE KELLY/LEE KONITZ - "Thingin" - Gracefullee - (indep)

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "Return" - Return - (Spice Rack)

TOM TALLITCH - "La Tortega" - Medicine Man - (Origin)

KENNY BURRELL - "Round Midnight" - Blue Muse - (Concord)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM